|Job Title:||MICROBIOLOGY TECHNICIAN|
|Location:||Rochdale, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £20000 per annum + BENEFITS|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||June 03, 2020 11:06|
£20,000 - 12 MONTH FTC
EARLY SHIFT - 07.00-15.00
We have a great opportunity for a Microbiology Lab Technician to join the Technical team at a Manchester based FMCG manufacturing company. The Microbiology Technician will work with the Senior Microbiologist and will be responsible for providing timely and accurate micro test data.
Previous experience of microbiology testing within a manufacturing / technical environment is essential.
- Conduct microbiological testing of finished products ensuring they comply with the required specifications and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Prepare media and reagents according to the demands of the day
- Collect environmental samples from around the factory, including water, swabbing and air plates
- Ensure laboratory is maintained to appropriate stock and hygiene standards
- Maintain testing equipment and reagents
- Conduct data analysis and complete all administration duties such as spreadsheets, batch reports etc.
- Assist Senior Microbiologists with any other tasks
- Min 'A' level or equivalent in a Scientific related subject
- Minimum 1 years' experience working in a microbiology laboratory.
- Experience of interpreting and evaluating microbiological results
- Must be self-motivated and able to work under own initiative.
- Appreciation of quality assurance systems including: ISO 9001:2000 / SGS Laboratory Accreditation undertake audits,
- Computer Literate (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Experience of internal auditing is an advantage.
- Salary £20,000
- 30 days holiday (including 5 BH) + 3 bank holidays at Christmas
- Up to 3 'Thank You' days (additional holidays) per year
- Pension scheme
- On site free parking
- On site canteen
- Free Tea & Coffee
- Free products
PLEASE NOTE OUR OFFICES ARE NOW CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT US, PLEASE DO SO VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE OFFICE
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's