Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Contractor)
|Job Title:||Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Contractor)|
|Salary:||Up to £23.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||January 13, 2020 14:50|
MULTI-SKILLED MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
£20+ per hour + shift allowance + overtime
SHIFTS 6-2 / 2-10
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer to join a manufacturing company at their plant in Warrington.
The purpose of the role is to undertake required works in order to minimise machine downtime and maximise Overall Equipment Efficiency, including Planned Preventative Maintenance for all site equipment. Also accepting responsibility for day-to-day maintenance and installation activities required, and undertaken on site.
The Responsibilities of the Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer will involve:
- Ensure compliance with production priorities and best practices to ensure minimum downtime of critical equipment.
- Co-operate with co-workers in creating smooth workflow
- Train Production Setters in first line preventative checks and maintenance routines as well as basic troubleshooting, including drafting a simple troubleshooting flow chart per machine.
- Implement 5S in the engineering and surrounding areas and maintain levels after completion.
- Maintain and compile detailed records on maintenance and repair works undertaken on all equipment including parts used and required for next service, fault reported, repair solution, internal/external contract repair.
- Be available to participate in out-of-hours emergency call out system as per defined rota.
- Assist with Continuous Improvement or other projects.
- Hands on engineering role.
- carry out electrical maintenance and repairs of production equipment (eg: motors and associated equipment for both HV and LV systems)
- Installation, maintenance and repair of all electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, motors, controllers, PLC's, drives and any other equipment and machines present on.
- Assist in testing, installing and commissioning of all electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Identify, design, produce or organise 3rd party production of, ad hoc repairs and modifications as required.
- Machine installation, relocation, commissioning or other such projects.
The Requirements of the Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer are:
- Manufacturing / Production process understanding
- Problem solving skills and competencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical/mechanical installation and maintenance.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of obligations under HSE legislation.
- Experienced with working with PLC based machinery and control systems.
- Planning and organisational.
- General Administrative competencies
- Customer service understanding
- Excellent Communication (written & verbal)
- Educated to a good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to follow a plan, prioritise.
- Manual dexterity and physically fit.
- Electrical Engineering qualification essential.
- Mechanical fitter qualifications or demonstrated working knowledge.
- Counterbalance FLT licence
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business with opportunity for structured career progression. Interviews are taking place immediately, click 'Apply' today!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's