National Sales Manager - North
|Job Title:||National Sales Manager - North|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||Up to £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||September 23, 2020 12:50|
NPD Food Technologist/ Account Manager
Up to £45,000 per annum + Company car
Field Based - North Territory
Due to continuing growth for their UK Food business, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced New Product Development Food Technologist to join a global distributor to cover the Northern region. This is a field-based role, covering a patch from Sheffield to the south of Scotland.
Reporting into the UK Area Sales Manager, the purpose of the role is to provide technical sales support in order to develop the profitably of the Food business portfolio within an agreed customer territory alongside the key account manager sales colleagues.
The New Product Food Developer will be responsible for all inquiries and actions relating to food applications. Working with sales, marketing and customers to test and develop products added to designated food products.
Key Responsibilities for New Product Food Technologist/ Account Manager:
- Deliver on targets set for your area
- Achieve growth targets for new business into both new and existing accounts
- Drive new development sales of functional products into new and existing customers
- Assist customers in developing new products, providing solutions to issues they may have, assisting with line trials, undertaking microscopy work on behalf of customers
- Plan, prepare, execute and follow up on customer opportunities
- Ensure a strong technical grounding in all key products
- Attend supplier training and industry forums as requested
- Keep up to date with technical trends in the markets & product folios
- Promote and follow up of all samples in timely manner
- Ensure all admin is completed in a timely manner and activity is logged
Key Requirements for New Product Food Technologist/ Account Manager:
- Candidates must be familiar with food processing/manufacturing process, in order to create samples and help customers produce the final product.
- Create methods for testing the actives in the food for label and regulatory purposes.
- Bachelor's Degree in food science/biochemistry
- Previous experience and knowledge of the UK Food industry is essential - preferably someone with a production background who understands working in a food factory or production unit
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Can work alone or as part of a team
- Excellent communicator
- Can-do mentality
- Service Minded
- Presentation & influencing skills
- Enthusiastic team player, determined, results focused and self-motivated, High energy individual
- Must hold UK driving license.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an international company, market leader and a business driven to succeed and deliver its growth targets. Interviews are taking place immediately, don't miss out- Click 'APPLY' today!!
PLEASE NOTE OUR OFFICES ARE NOW CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT US, PLEASE DO SO VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE OFFICE
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Engineering Project Manager
Portadown, County Armagh
£55000 - £65000 per annum + SUPERB PACKAGE
Customer Service Advisor
Wigan, Greater Manchester
Up to £26000 per annum
Quality Systems and Support
Up to £30000.00 per annum + Attractive benefits
Stornoway, Western Isles
£32000.00 - £36000.00 per annum + benefits