|Job Title:||Operations Manager|
|Salary:||£55000 per annum + pension, healthcare, + more|
|Contact Name:||Jessica Jackson|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2017 11:07|
UP TO £55,000
YOUR FUTURE STARTS HERE
Are you a talented and tenacious Operations Manager? Can you to lead and develop a multi skilled organisation across Production, Packaging, and Shipping departments to continually improve operational performance to meet the needs of the business?
Why should you join us?
- Industry competitive salary
- Newly invested site
- Global company
- Clear progression plan for your future
- Pension and healthcare
- Generous holiday allowance
The successful Operations Manager will be able to demonstrate true leadership across both technical and organizational aspects of the role. You will define and implement technical solutions, engage with the team and develop people by leading from the front with energy and enthusiasm to drive positive change in a safety critical process industry environment. We create world class products, are you a world class leader.
- Develop a highly skilled, flexible and engaged team of Managers, Engineers, and Operators able to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure the safety of our process, people, and environment via effective management of our plant, processes, and people.
- Meet customer commitments always, through effective planning, coordination and control of production, packaging, and shipping operations.
- Develop and drive a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence in everything that we do.
- Develop and manage the operational budget for the site.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Maintenance, and SHE Managers to define and implement Capital Projects, New Processes, and Technology requirements for the site.
- Ensures that the vision of our brand and company values, behaviors, policies, and procedures are adhered to by all staff, always.
- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each direct report's career goals; is a people builder.
- As an Operations Manager, you will have an extensive background in chemical manufacturing and a passion for the industry.
- Educated to Degree level within an Engineering or Scientific subject.
- Hold a proven background of management change and change implementation
- Be familiar and understand how to adapt engineering techniques such as LEAN, SIX SIGMA.
- Excellent coaching, listening and communication skills
- Experience of managing a COMAH manufacturing site.
This is a stand out opportunity for a tenacious and bold Operations Manager who wants to take charge and implement change within a TIER 1 COMAH site. You will be working with world class professionals who share our passion for chemicals. We strive to the be best in the business, do you?
To send your CV directly to the recruiter please click the 'apply now' button. We cannot wait to meet you! Please note there is a 100 applicant limit for this role.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's