|Job Title:||Operations Manager|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||17 days ago|
£45 - 55K + Benefits
A world leading manufacturing engineering company is currently recruiting an Operations Manager to join the team at a facility in Lancashire.
We are actively seeking a hands-on Operations Manager with strong leadership and people management skills.
Reporting into the Operations Director key responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure the operations team achieve defined KPI's in line with business objectives
- Regularly review and manage operational KPI's via management tracking system
- Walk the factory with Production Supervisors and identify/rectify issues
- Manage Supervisors effectively, ensuring they achieve required levels of output
- Ensure all departments are working to business operating systems/procedures
- Promote a culture of Operational Excellence and set Continuous Improvement objectives
- Identify skills gaps and organise sufficient training programs
- Implement and maintain standards of working practices; 5s, Visual Management, TPM, SQDP targets
- Work with site leadership team to implement and develop company procedures
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Proven experience of Operations Management within a manufacturing engineering environment; precision machining - preferred
- Knowledge of machining/metal cutting processes
- Hands on approach to driving change and improving business processes
- Experience of driving lean manufacturing and continuous improvement projects
- Proven project management capabilities
- Strong leadership skills
- Improvement mindset
To be considered for the role of Operations Manager, please apply now. Alternatively send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.