Operations Manager - Chemical Manufacturing
|Job Title:||Operations Manager - Chemical Manufacturing|
|Location:||North Wales, Wales|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000 per annum + pension, healthcare, + more|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2017 17:00|
To £60K + Bonus + Pension + Healthcare + Life Assurance
A brilliant opportunity for an ambitious Operations Manager to join a specialist division of a global chemical corporation.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring all operations are conducted in a safe manner at this upper tier COMAH site in line with all company HSE standards.
You will define and implement technical solutions, engage with the team and develop people by leading from the front with energy and enthusiasm to drive positive change in a safety critical process industry environment.
- Develop a highly skilled, flexible and engaged team of Managers, Engineers, and Operators able to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure the safety of our process, people, and environment via effective management of our plant, processes, and people.
- Meet customer commitments always, through effective planning, coordination and control of production, packaging, and shipping operations.
- Develop and drive a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence in everything that we do.
- Lead CI projects to reduce costs and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of site operations.
- Develop and manage the operational budget for the site.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Production and HSE Manager to define and implement capital projects, new processes and technology requirements for the site.
- Ensure that the vision of our brand and company values, behaviors, policies, and procedures are adhered to by all staff, always.
- Deputise for the Plant Manager when required
The Ideal Candidate...
- Educated to degree level in an Operations/Engineering/Technical discipline
- Chemical manufacturing background and a passion for this industry (COMAH preferred)
- Demonstrable experience of management change and change implementation
- Ability to analyze and improve business processes
- General working knowledge of plant engineering, quality assurance, safety and environmental management
- Knowledge of international safety regulations, familiar with process safety management systems and technical aspects of process safety
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills
We are looking for individuals who want to progress and develop within our business, we can certainly offer a great platform for this.
You will be working with world class professionals who share our passion for chemicals. We strive to the be best in the business, do you?
This is a stand out opportunity for a tenacious Operations Manager who wants to take charge and implement change within a TIER 1 COMAH site.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Operations Manager - Process Manufacturing
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits
Up to £18000 per annum
INTERNAL SALES MANAGER
£30000 - £45000 per annum
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Mechanical Engineering Manager
£70000 - £75000 per annum + Superb Package