Operations Manager (Supply Chain & Production)
|Job Title:||Operations Manager (Supply Chain & Production)|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||February 28, 2018 12:49|
Are you an experienced Supply Chain Manager with a high level of understanding of Production Operations? Do you have what it takes to also manage a Manufacturing function?
If so, this is the role for you. Offering an opportunity to utilise your core Supply Chain skills as part of a Senior European Team, in an environment that will also allow you to expand your responsibility to include manufacturing/production. You will be making products for a diverse customer base spanning automotive, chemical and construction sectors and a business that is on a steep international growth curve and is keen to invest in its future.
Your focus will be to ensure that both supply chain and production operations are running effectively, working with the global team to turn strategy into tactical solutions.
Reporting to the Global Operations Director, the successful Operations Manager (Supply Chain & Production) will:
- Manage budgets covering both direct and indirect costs (raw materials and packaging), direct labour costs within manufacturing, transport spend and more, totalling circa £25m
- Take the lead role for strategic purchasing initiatives, keeping an eye on market commodity price fluctuations.
- Develop relationships with key suppliers in the current supply chain and build a network of back up, approved suppliers
- Ensure that transport operations are cost effective and fit for purpose.
- Organise and improve material flow to optimise inventory level efficiency.
- Manage multiple production operations through your team of competent/specialist Production Managers.
- Work with your production managers to drive quality and HSE compliance and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Improve process efficiency across manufacturing and supply chain.
- Control costs throughout the operation.
Skills and experience required to fulfil this role:
- Experienced enough to advise the senior leadership team on supply chain excellence and best practice
- Supply chain experienced gained within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience working within production and an understanding of how a production operation is structured, measured and improved
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Outgoing personality and proven team management experience.
- Car allowance
Interested to find out more? Please follow the 'apply now' link to send your CV to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's