|Job Title:||Payroll Manager|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£34000 - £36000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Damian Mee|
|Job Published:||August 07, 2018 16:08|
£34,000 to £36,000
Oversee the payroll department with overall responsibility for a payroll of around 3,000 employees. Key stakeholder management role for ADP and the pension's provider, creating effective and influential relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Responsible for payroll and pension's data accuracy and confidentiality, ensuring associated systems are correctly populated with accurate and complete employee information.
What you'll be doing:
- Overseeing the payroll, pensions and insurance department
- Responsible for authorising accurate payroll and pension submissions for both weekly and monthly staff
- Ensuring processes and controls are documented and identify / rectify any weaknesses
- Ensure the department is cross trained to cover leaves of absence and peak seasonal times
- Responsible for leading and overseeing all future payroll and pension projects, liaising with Finance and HR where necessary
- Acting as the key effective point of contact with HR
- Keep the business updated with key payroll / pension and tax legalisation changes via business updates and ensure that we are compliant with all related legislation
- Constantly review the control environment and processes to ensure ALSG is not exposed
- Provide key stakeholders with business relevant information i.e. WTD breaches, overtime stats etc. and escalate were necessary
- Ensure contractual service levels are maintained by the ADP payroll managed service team and effectively interact to remedy any shortfall
- Coaching and developing the team
- Overall responsibility for the pensions / insurance arm of ALSG and relationship with brokers and providers
- Maintain confidentiality of payroll data at all times
- Ensures up to date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; etc.
- Recruits, selects and inducts new team members providing training and guidance as required.
- Manages the team in line with company policy carrying out appraisals, disciplinary's, grievances etc.
What you'll have:
- CIPP qualified
- Previous experience managing a payroll and pensions department ideally with a payroll of a similar size
- Ideally used ADP previously although not essential
- Proven experience in project management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong and up-to-date payroll and employment tax technical knowledge
- Strong and up-to-date pension technical knowledge
- Experience in assessing and implementing internal controls
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
CI Manager - FMCG
Middleton, Greater Manchester
Up to £45000.00 per annum
Global Supply Chain Manager
High Peak, Derbyshire
Up to £95000 per annum + Excellent
Yorkshire and the Humber, England
£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
Technical Writer / Documentation Engineer
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits