|Job Title:||Payroll Officer|
|Location:||Stockport, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £25000 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Damian Mee|
|Job Published:||June 14, 2018 10:45|
Payroll Officer (Part-time 23 Hours a Week)
£25,000 Pro-rata plus benefits
My client, a global manufacturer, is seeking a Part-Time Payroll Officer/Assistant to job share within a busy division.
You will need good knowledge of Payroll and be comfortable working within a team and autonomously.
- Accurate preparation and production of both monthly and weekly payroll with high degree of confidentiality, integrity and accuracy this will involve data entry of various elements of pay such as overtime, absences etc.
- Monitor, administer and provide information from the Time and Attendance system for Payroll, Hr Reporting and Fire roll call, issue Kaba door cards.
- Resolution of payroll and attendance queries using existing agreed parameters or when extraordinary providing solutions that are fair, agreeable and consistent
- Liaison with HMRC ensuring correct calculations and payments are made on time and the production of required documentation e.g. P45. This includes monthly data but also the year end p60 and final HMRC year end returns, P11D for all benefit in kind including Cars, Private Medical etc
- Class 1 National Insurance - Part of team that agrees and undertakes
- Liaison with Royal London Pension ensuring on time correct payments are made for each individual
- Ensure other payroll deductions e.g. Court Orders, GAYE, Union contributions are correctly administered
- Provide advice, guidance and reassurance to HR regarding payroll matters in particular shift patterns, pay increases sickness
- Providing solutions to computer systems for changes in payroll patterns, in particular shift and pay back changes - specification of any changes required to software to IS, testing of changes, and sign off that solution is correct
- Resolution of any wages control account queries
- Liaison with both internal and external auditors as required
- SOX Compliance - Payroll procedures and walkthrough
- Provide additional administrative and HR resource as required
- Accurate company car details and other benefits in kind
- Administration of bonus schemes and calculations using QAD & Timenet
- Various report requirements such as hours, absence, overtime
- Liaise with SAP support provided by Genpact
- Timenet administration and issue of key fobs
- Annual requirements such as pension and Aviva renewal data
- Administer and pay Group Income Support
Qualifications or Functional Experience
- Educated to HNC+ or equivalent
- HMRC Requirements
- Finance - understanding
- Employment Law
- Site Union Agreements
System or Knowledge
- Time and Attendance
- All Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's