|Job Title:||Procurement Director|
|Salary:||£75000 - £85000 per annum + Excellent!|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||September 15, 2016 11:01|
This is a rare opportunity a Procurement Director with broad experience across all areas of supply chain to take control of a £100M spend procurement function for direct and indirect commodities. What makes the role unique is that whilst this is a £Billion turnover manufacturing & engineering group you will inherit what is essentially an operational material control function of 25 members, then design, build and drive a strategic procurement organisation from the ground up. This will be a first for this organisation which means that in a business of this size, that significant improvements within the supply base are within easy reach.
Reporting to the CEO for the division you will be the only procurement professional at this level. Responsibilities for the Procurement Director will include:
- Understanding the current and future needs of the business across 10 manufacturing & engineering locations.
- Design and build a suitably structured purchasing organisation that is capable of fine tuning the supply chain, driving down cost without impacting on quality or OTIF targets.
- Assess the supply base, current agreements, KPIs and supplier performance, identifying risks in the supply chain and putting mitigating plans in place.
- Ensure strict compliance to material/supplier quality approval is maintained in a safety critical environment.
- Calibrate inventory levels to balance cost and material availability.
- Identify skills gaps in the current team, train, develop and mentor individuals to bridge those gaps.
- Recruit and train new employees.
- Manage supplier approval processes for engineered metallic commodities.
- Consolidate the supply base across all divisional locations whilst keeping an eye on opportunities to leverage global spend.
- Improve internal supply processes, communication and performance.
- Coordinate the procurement programme for subcontract manufacturing suppliers and their performance against SLAs.
Candidates will need to be capable of a leadership role. You will be expected to advise the board on strategy and direction so broad exposure to multiple supply chain functions within an engineering/manufacturing environment will be critical. You will be comfortable with international travel and working within corporate governance.
- A salary up to £85,000
- Car Allowance
To apply for this opportunity, please follow the 'apply now' link.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's