|Job Title:||Procurement Director|
|Salary:||£70000 - £80000 per annum + Car, Life, Pension|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||September 04, 2017 17:44|
Career focused Procurement Directors and Senior Procurement Managers will love this opportunity. Circumstances are rare and exciting however we are looking for a particular set of skills. For an experienced, established procurement leader this truly will be a "clean slate" to work from.
- Established, market leading manufacturing organisation with a bespoke, premium branded product portfolio of metallic engineered systems and assemblies
- A fresh, modern identity with excellent product branding
- Aggressive growth planned over the next 5 years which will see both headcount and revenues more than double to over 620 employees and over £110m turnover
- The current procurement organisation and processes were designed by an individual with no prior procurement experience.
- They now need their first experienced, Director Level Procurement professional to inherit the function and consult with the business on what is needed for the next stage in their development.
- Lead, mentor and develop the existing procurement team of 1x Procurement Manager and 8 Buyers
- Coordinate both direct and indirect spend with just over 30% on direct metallic materials.
- Keep track of the LME, leveraging fluctuations in the market to protect / increase profits
- Shape the supply base accordingly to ensure OTIF supply with maximum quality standards
- Identify and approve new suppliers for critical commodities and build relationships with existing (international)
- Implement robust commercial agreements to drive supplier performance and remove commercial risk
- Maintain a long-range view of the business sales pipeline to plan and direct procurement activities accordingly.
- Evolve the use of the SAP based MRP system and take advantage of all available features
- Recruit new team members in line with the business's growth plan.
- Must be capable of a Director level role, keeping an eye on day-to-day operations whilst offering advice and guidance to the Exec Team on strategic improvement activities.
- Experience in the procurement of metallic commodities and the use of the London Metal Exchange
- Able to operate at a high level in a less corporate environment
- SAP / MRP system experience
- A real desire to drive change
To be considered for the role please click APPLY NOW or send your CV to Emma Brighouse (Associate Director) at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's