Production Chemist- Organic Chemistry
|Job Title:||Production Chemist- Organic Chemistry|
|Salary:||Up to £27000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2019 15:26|
Production Chemist - Organic Chemistry
Up to £27,000 per annum
This is a great opportunity for a Production Chemist with some prior industrial experience of organic chemistry to join a world leader in fluorination, high pressure chemistry, research and manufacturing at their speciality chemical site in Runcorn.
The Production Chemist role is ideal for recent graduates in a relevant chemistry field with a placement year industry, or an experienced professional and the successful appointment will be able to build a broad process-related skill set for excellent career progression potential.
This role will see you developing synthetic procedures and designing processes for the production of pharmaceutical intermediates on a kg-ton scale in line with client needs, with whom you will be interacting. This role is office and laboratory based and requires a good understanding of practical synthetic organic chemistry and an enthusiasm for lab work, alongside business experience and ideally business-to-business communication.
There is the potential to boost your income with shift uplift if desired.
Your day to day duties as a Production Chemist will be:
- Researching and developing routes from lab to plant scale manufacture of chemical products
- Use of common analytical methods towards in-process and quality control procedures
- Liaising with production staff to ensure reproducibility Research into new revenue streams
Requirements for a Production Chemist:
- A degree, or higher, in a chemistry-related field
- PhD qualification in a relevant discipline, particularly fluorination would be highly desirable
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work in an integrated team
- Good communication and presentation skills
- strong desire to continue to develop their bench skills
- A track record in synthetic chemistry in the laboratory
- A good team-working approach
- computer literate
Interviews are taking place immediately, click 'APPLY' today!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's