|Job Title:||PRODUCTION ENGINEER - MACHINING|
|Location:||Greater Manchester, England|
|Salary:||£35000 - £37000 per annum + GREAT PACKAGE|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||11 days ago|
PRODUCTION ENGINEER - MACHINING
TO £35K + PENSION + HEALTHCARE + LIFE ASSURANCE
We are currently looking for an experienced Production Engineer to join the team at a successful engineering company in Lancashire.
The Production Engineer will be tasked with improving production processes in a machine tool engineering environment with a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a person who is motivated by multi-tasking, loves a challenge and who has the drive to improve themselves and their surroundings.
- Run projects to improve current engineering processes to deliver right first-time products
- Produce and develop Process Sheets/SOP'S for the production of medium to large machine tool components
- Determine methods of manufacturing for new products; produce relevant work sheets and tooling lists
- Select appropriate machines for production and ensure tools/gauges are readily available
- Advise on best tooling and machining methods to improve processes and on supplier/subcontractor selection
- Regularly liaise with Maintenance, Quality and Design teams to resolve issues and identify areas to reduce assembly time
- Improve scheduling to ensure timely delivery of parts
- Qualified Mechanical/Production Engineer
- Experience gained in a metal cutting/machining environment
- Strong experience of planning for manufacturing
- Ability to read and produce technical drawings
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Good knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies
APPLY NOW or contact Christine Edwards at Morgan Ryder Associates on 0151 480 2300 to discuss in more detail
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.