|Job Title:||Production Manager|
|Location:||Oldham, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||January 18, 2021 13:31|
£50,000 per annum + benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Production Manager to join the team at a successful manufacturer based at their site in Oldham.
The purpose of the role is to lead and motivate the site production team to ensure delivery of site standards, targets and objectives (KPI's) and strategy through a culture of continuous improvement.
Achieves objectives in relation to safety, quality, cost, performance and people through structured implementation of well devised and executed action plans.
A hands-on leader, directly contributing to the overall achievement of the wider business objectives by solving problems, exploiting opportunities, managing change, developing standards / systems and managing assets.
Key responsibilities of the Production Manager include:
- To develop, manage, motivate, coach and lead direct reports. Maintaining excellent communications, good discipline and an open and inclusive working environment.
- Manage through others to ensure the wider team is also developed, motivated and led in line with all company policies / procedures.
- In conjunction with the Site Engineering Manager, ensure site infra-structure and assets are maintained and developed to meet the overall objectives of the organisation.
- Structured asset improvement plans in place and delivering results.
- To devise, cost, justify, plan and execute capital improvement plans.
- Manage budgets effectively ensuring best value for the company (labour, consumables, capital etc.)
- Ensure adherence to and development of quality and safety systems, to ensure that all finished products are manufactured to the specified customer quality standards in a safe working environment.
- In conjunction with the HR Director ensure operations staff are trained and competent to undertake relevant duties - including flexibility / mobility of labour throughout the operation.
- Provide reports / analysis for all operational related KPIs including financial data and annual budgets.
- To undertake other roles and tasks as requested that are commensurate with the level and function of this post.
Key Requirements of Production Manager include:
- Manufacturing / Engineering knowledge and industry experience.
- Relevant quality management and systems experience.
- Managerial experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Don't miss out on this excellent opportunity- click 'APPLY' today!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Health and Safety Manager
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Business Development Manager
£22000 - £30000 per annum
Middleton, Greater Manchester
Up to £27500.00 per annum
Up to £28500 per annum
Quality Assurance Specialist
£35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum + Attractive benefits