PRODUCTION MANAGER - FMCG
|Job Title:||PRODUCTION MANAGER - FMCG|
|Location:||Greater Manchester, England|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||September 20, 2017 15:11|
EXCELLENT SALARY + PENSION + HEALTHCARE + BONUS
A leading packaging company, supplying some of the largest FMCG manufacturers in the UK has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Production Manager.
With high-volume production capabilities, this dynamic organisation provides design-to-launch solutions providing wide ranging technical solutions and products.
Reporting to the Operations Director you will be responsible for managing the shift production performance, HSE and HR tasks.
Along with the rest of the leadership team, you will assist in driving a continuous improvement approach, mentoring and developing employees in LEAN manufacturing techniques whilst implementing improvements across the site to drive efficiencies.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensure Production targets and other KPI's are achieved
- Ensure adherence to and development of quality and safety systems
- Drive actions for improvement working closely with management team and Shift Team Leaders to ensure clear communication of information and action plans.
- Manage your team's performance: establish areas for improvements with team members, drive teamwork, lead problem solving groups, lead workshops on quality improvement methods (5S, TPM, etc.)
- Ensure daily team management: assure appropriate headcount to achieve required production levels and ensure standardised work methods are adhered to.
- Develop the members of your team through annual performance appraisals, career development plans, advise and arrange for appropriate training
The successful Production Manager must have significant experience within a fast moving, high volume process environment such as food, consumer products, or similar finished goods industry.
You may be an up and coming Shift Manager looking for a step up into Production Management or an established Production Manager looking for a new challenge.
To be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate previous success in implementing modern lean techniques into a traditional manufacturing environment.
- Hands-on style, with change management, project management and trouble-shooting capabilities.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to increase efficiency, productivity and profitability.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiating and influencing skills
To be considered for this position, please apply now. Alternatively send your CV to Christine@morganryder.co.uk
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
PRODUCTION SHIFT MANAGER
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Up to £58000 per annum + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
Warehouse and Transport Manager
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER
West Yorkshire, England
£50000 - £51000 per annum + EXCELLENT PACKAGE
Planning and Logistics Manager
£45000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent
ENGINEERING MANAGER - MANUFACTURING
£55000 - £60000 per annum + GREAT PACKAGE