|Job Title:||Production Planner|
|Salary:||£30000 - £33000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||June 25, 2019 09:44|
My client, an engineering manufacturer based near the Chelmsford, is currently looking to appoint a Production Planner to take on growing responsibilities for their site in a fast-growing international organisation.
The Production Planner is responsible for planning internal production in line with customer demands and safety stock levels driven by the S&OP process that balances supply.
The Production Planner will work closely with the Supervisors, Operations Manager, MED and the materials planners to ensure a smooth workflow and customer deadlines are met.
- To review the EDI schedules and sales order customer demand received daily, checking for error messages, identifying increases or reductions in the schedule and making any necessary changes.
- Using the EDI schedule/sales orders to produce and administer a sequenced daily/weekly production plan and an optimised medium-term manufacturing plan.
- To consider factors such as available capacity; available materials, line efficiency and cost and liaise with the Customer / S&OP Manager to understand current market needs and trends adjusting parameters accordingly.
- To ensure all customer requirements are efficiently and effectively planned.
- To maintain appropriate stocks levels to achieve on-time delivery.
- To coordinate inventory consumption plans to minimise obsolescence following engineering changes.
- To process sequencing deliveries.
- To support the OE planner role when they are on annual leave with customer transport booking and communication.
- To escalate supply chain concerns to the Management team as appropriate.
- To inform the post holders line Manager of any difficulties in actioning the above and agree resolution.
This is a progressive opportunity in a fast-growing organisation that would best suit a candidate with direct exposure to a Production Planning position in an engineering MANUFACTURING environment (Aerospace/Automotive)
To be considered for this position, you must have solid Production Planning experience in a manufacturing environment, excellent IT skills, experience user of ERP systems, enjoys process/continuous improvement and
Hours; 8am - 5pm (Monday to Friday)
Package; £30,000 - 33,000
Benefits; Pension, 25 days holiday (Plus bank holidays) Free onsite parking, canteen,
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's