|Job Title:||Production Planner|
|Salary:||£25000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||May 09, 2018 13:31|
Job Title: Production Planner
Reporting Line: UK Operations Manager
Location: North Wales
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 (Depending on experience)
Working Hours: 38hrs per week, Mon - Thur 08:00hrs - 16:30hrs, Fri 08:00hrs - 14:30hrs.
ATTENTION TO ALL PLANNERS/SCHEDULARS LOOKING FOR PROGRESSION TRUST AND AUTOMANY IN THEIR CAREER!
As a planner, are you board of working in an environment with no progression? Perhaps a system or process that isn't suitable for the requirements you fill day to day? Are you frustrated by this?
Do you believe, given the opportunity, that you could create a better planning procedure/system than what is currently in place with your business?
An international manufacturer and Supplier of Technical coatings who can offer a Portfolio with well over 10,000 different Products, components and parts used in a wide range of applications, supplying into various industries, such as pharmaceutical and automotive, is currently looking to fill a new and exciting opportunity for the business to expand on their skill set as an organisation.
Currently with a headcount of more than 3,000 Employees worldwide, and a head count of around 250 on site, the next addition has the potential to become a key player and would benefit from an aggressive period of growth the business is about to enter. This really is an extremely unique opportunity and would only suit someone dedicated and driven to succeed and develop their future career with in planning.
Upon start you would be expected to create and implement an ERP/MRP for the business and create a process for all planning procedures moving forward.
Moving forward, as the Production Planner, you would be expected to maintain the following responsibilities:
- Leading a small team responsible for planning administration and ERP system support.
- Taking full ownership of the planning of customer orders, agreeing production plans, delivery dates, capacities and constraints with relevant production leaders.
- Utilising existing bills of materials and process routings, effectively plan orders to optimise productivity and deliver best compliance with delivery schedules agreed with our customers.
- Liaising with internal and external sales teams to determine forward customer requirements.
- Supporting Production leadership in identifying process constraints and best approaches to their resolution.
- Developing and implement appropriate methods for scheduling production, utilising the existing ERP system and application alternate visual planning / work organising methodologies where appropriate.
- Monitoring production progress to ensure it is following the schedule, advising the leadership team of deviations and suggesting corrective actions.
- Able to react to day to day issues affecting the delivery of a production schedule in order to minimise impact on customers.
- The planning team is responsible for agreeing and issuing production plans, work to lists and shop floor paperwork and ensuring they are correct and available in a timely manner.
- Prepares analytical data driven reports about production processes for Production leadership, identifying issues, suggesting resolutions and potential improvements to drive improvements in production efficiency and reliability.
- Engaging with relevant stakeholders to ensure stock availability for production
- Analysing trends and forecasts to inform the planning process
- Working closely with other departments of the business including purchasing, sales, warehouse and distribution to improve the management of systems and processes.
Demand to be planned ranges from low volume / low repetition high value items, through medium volume frequent production to weekly demands of thousands of units, all products produced are made to order and to a customer specification, very little stock is held, therefore the quality of plans and adherence to them is critical.
The following is required to be considered:
- Good written and oral communication skills, excellent logical problem-solving ability supported by a good data analysis capability.
- Demonstrable experience of investigating and solving planning related production issues.
- In depth experience of production planning in a small batch manufacturing environment
- High level of proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Experience of using ERP in a batch manufacturing environment. (Knowledge of IFS ERP system would be beneficial)
- Experience of people management and leading a team.
This role would suit someone with the following attributes: Innovative thinker, self-motivated, taking ownership and accountability, Collaborative decision Making, problem solving, time management, communication
Interested? Click apply without delay
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
PRODUCTION SHIFT MANAGER
Greater Manchester, England
Up to £40000 per annum
Manufacturing Shift Manager
Manufacturing Shift Engineer
Manufacturing Shift Engineer
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus, Bupa, Life Insurance, Flexi-time