PRODUCTION SHIFT MANAGER
|Job Title:||PRODUCTION SHIFT MANAGER|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||Up to £58000 per annum + EXCELLENT BENEFITS|
|Contact Name:||Victoria Mass|
|Job Published:||November 13, 2018 11:19|
PRODUCTION SHIFT MANAGER
£58,500 (INCLUDING SHIFT ALLOWANCE) + PENSION + HEALTHCARE etc.
An opportunity to work for a global FMCG manufacturing giant as Production Shift Manager. With a background in leadership and continuous improvement, you will be joining this company during a key stage in their site development.
Manufacturing products for global companies such as Coca-Cola, they are currently undergoing conversion projects to allow for even more efficient production.
Known for their family orientated atmosphere, the working life here is one very much sought after. Always looking to be as flexible as they can to help their employees, they like to maintain a happy first name basis workforce, from senior to blue collar staff, this is the role many have been looking for.
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and to build a committed team which will maintain maximum safety and quality at all times. As well as this, you will be developed by the Plant and Assistant Plant Manager who will coach you through to the next stages of your career.
The Production Shift Managers report directly to the Assistant Plant Manager but will still have reporting duties to all senior managers.
- Ensure the shift team meet targets
- Promote health & safety initiatives and maintain good housekeeping in accordance with company and legislative requirements
- To effectively communicate key performance targets within the team.
- Implement continuous improvement where necessary.
- Responsible for timely and accurate accident investigations
- Ensure adequate training, supervision and corrective feedback to the shift personnel for who they are responsible
- Develop shift personnel by performing appraisals and critical competencies review and identifying a succession plan and train/develop consistently.
- Apply the disciplinary and grievance procedure as per local agreement
- Ensure that any accidents, hazards, near misses or environmental incidents are captured and reported.
- A manufacturing background in a high speed, high volume continuous process
- Problem solving / total quality skills
- Analytical skills to interpret numerical data
- Good understanding of modern lean manufacture techniques - SMED, Kaizen 5S,
- A management style heavily orientated to training and coaching
- Good computer skills - ability to manage via computerised data
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety work practices
If you are ready to join a global company with all of the support and opportunity you could wish for then click "APPLY NOW" for your CV to go directly to the recruiter.
Interviews are taking place over the next couple of weeks - so don't delay, we cant wait to meet you!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
CI Manager - FMCG
Middleton, Greater Manchester
Up to £45000.00 per annum
Sales Support Co-Ordinator
Up to £23000.00 per annum
Customer Service Advisor - Manufacturing
St. Helens, Merseyside
£20000 - £24000 per annum + Benefits
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineers
Greater Manchester, England
Up to £44000 per annum + + PACKAGE
Stornoway, Western Isles
£32000.00 - £36000.00 per annum + benefits