PRODUCTION SHIFT MANAGER
|Job Title:||PRODUCTION SHIFT MANAGER|
|Location:||Greater Manchester, England|
|Salary:||Up to £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lyndsey Clegg|
|Job Published:||November 28, 2018 09:25|
PRODUCTION SHIFT MANAGER
Salary £40,000 + BENEFITS
Fantastic opportunity to work for a global packaging manufacturing company as Production Shift Manage,
With a background in leadership and continuous improvement, you will be joining this company during a key stage in their site development. Known for their commitment to employees, working life in this company is very much sought after.
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and to build a committed team which will always maintain maximum safety and quality.
The Production Shift Manager will report directly to the Production Manager and will be responsible for a team of around 14 Production operatives and Team Leaders.
- Responsible for the achievement of all production targets; daily, weekly, monthly and communicate with the team
- Analyse and maintain data to support and improve KPI's
- Identify and resolve issues that prevent performance and implement continuous improvement where necessary
- Supervision of process/recipe control to ensure consistent quality standards
- Ensure adequate training, supervision and corrective feedback to the shift personnel for who they are responsible
- Develop shift personnel by performing appraisals and critical competencies review and identifying a succession plan and train/develop consistently
- Work with Engineering colleagues to minimize downtime and maximise utilization
- Ensure that any accidents, hazards, near misses or environmental incidents are captured and reported.
- A manufacturing background in, packaging, fmcg, print, food
- HNC/HND/Degree qualification
- People management or team leader experience
- Analytical skills to interpret numerical data
- Good understanding of modern lean manufacture techniques - SMED, Kaizen 5S,
- A management style heavily orientated to training and coaching
- Good computer skills - ability to manage via computerised data
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety work practices
Core hours of work:7-day rotation pattern;
6>2, 2>10, 10>6
APPLY NOW or contact Lyndsey Clegg at Morgan Ryder Associates on 0151 480 2300
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Oldham, Greater Manchester
Up to £50000.00 per annum
Production Team Manager
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits
Production Supervisor - Assembly
£32000 - £36000 per annum + Benefits
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Regulatory Affairs Manager
Middleton, Greater Manchester
Up to £60000 per annum