|Job Title:||Production Shift Manager (Chemical)|
|Salary:||Up to £52000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||23 days ago|
Production Shift Manager (Chemical)
£52,000 per annum
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Production Shift Manager to join the team at a manufacturer in Widnes.
The Shift Manager position is part of the operational team and reports through to the Site Operations Manager. The role is to manage all aspects of the 5-crew 12-hour continuous shift operation and oversee any out of hours logistics activities. This includes working closely with operational and maintenance line managers to understand priorities and direction, before delivering on production and maintenance requirements.
Main Responsibilities of Production Manager include:
- The management of all tactical site operations consistent with EHS legislation, site procedures and the requirements of the Site Environmental Permit.
- Ensuring the reporting of all EHS incidents, including first line investigations, progressing any immediate actions and the necessary follow up.
- The hands-on operation of the site utility systems and control of the effluent treatment facility.
- The management of the production plants facilities, effectively deploying the site 5-crew shift personnel.
- Overseeing the out of hours activities of the logistics area operation.
- Delivery of the site production schedules according to target, with variances understood and reported.
- Completion of the maintenance schedules consistent with plan, providing status reporting and feedback.
- The ability to react and respond to changing circumstances, coordinating shift resource consistent with priorities and business requirements.
- A recognisable champion of site standards delivering the quality our speciality businesses dictate.
- Leadership - the Shift Manager is part of the Operations Team, managing the tactical activities of the 5-crew 24-hour site operations.
Key Requirements of Production Manager include:
- Have a minimum of six GCSEs (including Chemistry, English and Mathematics).
- Have continued study into further science based or process industry education, completing A Levels or achieving a minimum of a City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Process Technology - Chemical Processes.
- Potentially have also completed a science degree and now be progressing an operational career within the process industry.
- Have a minimum of five years' hands-on operational experience in the chemical process industry.
- Ideally have completed a Leadership Training Programme.
- Be able to demonstrate and discuss a knowledge of process plant chemistry, unit operations and plant services.
- Have at least two years' experience in a supervisory role, demonstrating an ability to manage people and relationships.
- Be a proactive problem solver.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the ISO Standards: - ▪ ISO 9001 - Quality Management
- ISO 14001 - Environmental Management
- ISO 45001 - Occupational Health and Safety
- Be of a pro-active hands-on mentality comfortable interacting at all levels in the organisation.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and ambition to be part of a successful team.
- Be a result focused individual who will challenge others.
- Possess drive, determination and resilience and show an ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Have a flexible approach to work supporting and delivering all business requirements.
- Excellent communication skills including fluency in English (both written and oral).
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of relevant EHS legislation.
- Leading by example as a role model for the development of site apprentices.
Interviews are taking place immediately, to be considered please click 'Apply' today or send your CV to Harriet@Morganryder.co.uk
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.