Production Team Manager
|Job Title:||Production Team Manager|
|Location:||Middleton, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £42000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||January 03, 2020 15:55|
PRODUCTION TEAM MANAGER
£42,140.40 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for experienced Production Team Manager to join a leading manufacturing company at their site in Middleton.
The purpose of the Production Team Manager is to manage and direct the activities of a group of Senior Operators and operators to achieve and exceed planned safety, quality and output targets for the assigned shift.
The Responsibilities of the Production Team Manager will involve:
- Ensuring that routine quality and safety inspections are correctly carried out.
- Maintain the effective operation of the assigned production area.
- Manage the Senior Operators to ensure:-
- corrective actions from audits are made and maintained.
- product and size changeovers are made in accordance with agreed target times.
- maintenance checks are made and maintenance activity carried out where appropriate.
- departmental hygiene and line cleanliness standards are maintained at all times.
- Prepare for and conduct shift handovers with other Team Managers.
- In conjunction with colleagues and the Manufacturing Manager, produce and implement plans and strategies to maintain and improve:-
- Quality levels for the assigned lines.
- Safety standards and results for the assigned lines.
- Manage the motivation and development of the assigned staff, including appraisal of Senior Operators. Carry out disciplinary procedures, in accordance with company procedures.
- As part of the continuous improvement process, review and identify improvement opportunities, recommending solutions to Manufacturing Manager.
- Work with all departments to achieve and maintain customer accreditation, ISO, and other standards as identified in the Site Strategic plan.
- Manage the Senior Operators to achieve improvements to line performance including by participation in improvement teams as required.
- Manage line supply and ancillary staff to achieve optimum area performance.
- Carry out accident investigations
The Requirements of the Production Team Manager are:
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Good work ethic
- knowledge of Health & Safety/ quality procedures
- Food/ Chemical/ Process/ FMCG or manufacturing background preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing skills
- Commercial awareness
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business with opportunity for structured career progression.
Interviews will be taking place over the next week, click 'APPLY' today!!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Production Team Manager
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits
Greater Manchester, England
Up to £50000 per annum
Oldham, Greater Manchester
Up to £50000.00 per annum
Production Supervisor - Assembly
£32000 - £36000 per annum + Benefits
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum