Production Team Manager
|Job Title:||Production Team Manager|
|Salary:||Up to £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||October 28, 2020 18:07|
PRODUCTION TEAM MANAGER
Up to £40,000 per annum
Due to growth in the business we are looking for an experienced Production Team Manager to join the team at a leading manufacturer at their site based in Clitheroe.
The objectives of the Production Team Manager will be to drive forward and develop clear standards in both safety and operating procedures of the business working with the support of their team to ensure that the business objectives are delivered in key areas identified for improvement by the Manufacturing Director.
A heavy emphasis will be placed on the individual's ability to remain clearly focused on the development and operational needs of their team and through strong and clear leadership foster a close team approach to the activities of the shift
The Responsibilities of the Production Team Manager are:
- Ensure the effective functional and cross-functional communications (visual, verbal and written) on daily, weekly, monthly basis, including comprehensive handover at end of shift.
- Deploy available resources so as to deliver agreed production plans to the agreed Company standards and procedures.
- Investigate accidents, incidents and near misses within the value stream and ensure corrective actions are implemented effectively
- Ensure all risk assessments are in place and maintained within the value stream
- Ensure all non-standard work is controlled safety in the value stream by issuing permits to work where necessary
- Measure quality performance on each shift in each cell and work with the quality team to investigate and solve quality problems
- Ensure quality issues are properly reported and quality procedures are followed
- Derive a detailed production plan from the three-month sales plan that translates into a shift production target for each cell
- Ensure and monitor the provision, maintenance, and operation of optimum operating capacity to satisfy production plan requirements, both current and projected.
- Maintain accurate production data and provide regular feedback to the Manufacturing Director, and planning function on production plan adherence in order that future schedules may be optimised.
- Motivate, train and develop the team, managing its performance to maintain an effective workforce capable of meeting its current and projected objectives (including 'world-class' tools and techniques).
- Ensure absence/disciplinary measures within the Team are maintained.
- Ensure the team plays a full role within the context of the site and business to facilitate optimal performance.
- Promote and lead CI Projects using lean principles to increase the operational efficiency of plant.
The Requirements of the Production Team Manager are:
- The position requires an experienced man manager with proven success in leading team activities to deliver safe and consistent results.
- Good knowledge and experience of man management with proven success in leading a team.
- Knowledge of precision machining using CNC machinery, within a machine tool environment.
- The jobholder must have a clear grasp of achieving production plans whilst increasing productivity and quality and their importance in the context of driving forward continued improvement in excellent customer service.
- Team working to ensure effective co-ordination between quality, logistical, engineering and operational functions.
- Relevant academic qualifications or vocational skills (NVQ) should include formal leadership training, CI techniques and problem-solving skills.
- A good knowledge and understanding of H&S and its effective deployment and improvement is essential
- Excellent communication and presentation skills verbal, written
- The ability to maintain composure and work under pressure to tight timescales
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding organisation who will offer great exposure and opportunities to an enthusiastic, motivated individual.
Interviews are taking place ASAP, click 'APPLY' NOW!!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Up to £40000.00 per annum
Up to £70000.00 per annum
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Fantastic
Business Development Manager
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent
Site Operations Manager
Up to £75000 per annum + Car + Bonus + Pension + Health