|Job Title:||Project Coordinator|
|Location:||Halifax, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£65000 - £75000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||May 22, 2018 09:23|
Project Coordinator, Halifax
6 Month fixed term contract
£65,000 - £75,000 (Pro-rata)
A unique and challenging opportunity has recently arisen with my client based in the Halifax area ideal for someone wanting to gain project-based experience within a manufacturing environment with some process engineering responsibilities. Although a 6-month fixed term contract to begin with, for someone with the right attitude and experience, this could very well develop into a permanent position at the discretion of the individual but is not an essential requirement for the successor.
A low volume, high quality manufacturing business operating in the automotive sector. With increasingly high demands, international growth and a continuous strived for quality excellence, my client can offer the chance to unite with an already existing team of highly skilled engineers looking to further develop facilities on site. With 4 existing lines including laser fabrication, robotics among other modern technology, it's safe to say the successful candidate will be given great exposure to the challenges surrounding Project Coordination in a cutting-edge environment.
Having recently obtained agreement to set up a new facility on a local site next door to existing facilities,
The Project coordinator will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Provide the link between manufacturing and project teams, ensuring detailed input into the quotation and MLP activities, supports design reviews and prototype build and lead the implementation of pre-production projects.
- You will take a hands-on approach along with overall technical responsibility for overseeing the installation of all facilities and services to new site location.
- Liaise and instruct all contactors based on site project with all aspects of work (installation, obtaining sign off, decision making, chasing follow up work and understanding each contractor requirements)
- briefing and debriefing site operations manager on all work carried out, quality checks on completed work and completing reports. Communicating any issues, obtaining sign off on request for any further work needed to be carried out.
- Overseeing delivery's, booking in times for delivery from suppliers, chasing orders from suppliers, completing checks on stock/machinery/quality/volume of deliveries. Placing orders directly with suppliers, input into budget control and scouring suppliers for any over looked needs.
- Finding alternative solutions, problem solving (reactive) in circumstances that require quick decision making.
- Ensuring the smooth operation of the over all installation and build of new site facility including offices', canteen, lavatory, floor and ceiling refurbishment, line installation (laser fabrication, robotic calls, Spot Welding cells) fire safety facilities and all services (water, electricity).
- Completing relevant checks on quality output of new line once fully installed, making relevant changes/adjustments
- Mechanical or engineering background (preferably process)
- Project based experience.
- An organised methodical approach.
- An authoritative nature with the ability to build strong working relationships with existing team members and contractors alike.
Contact Sharon McDonough at Morgan Ryder associates without delay for more information, or alternatively click apply to register your interest.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Quality Inspection and Systems Coordinator
Ashton-in-Makerfield, Greater Manchester
£28000 - £30000 per annum
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus, Bupa, Life Insurance, Flexi-time
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits