Project Manager (Mechanical)
|Job Title:||Project Manager (Mechanical)|
|Location:||Holmes Chapel, Cheshire|
|Salary:||Up to £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||October 23, 2019 10:56|
PROJECT ENGINEERS (MECHANICAL)
To £45000 + up to 10% Bonus + Healthcare + Share Incentives
We are currently recruiting for experienced Project Engineers from a Mechanical background to join a manufacturing company in the North West.
The Project Engineers will be responsible for the delivery of utilities/civils/site service projects in accordance with cGMP and EHS standards. Whilst providing project engineering services for facilities and/or equipment projects as assigned.
Key responsibilities of Project Engineer:
- Development of requirement specifications in collaboration with the customer and other interested parties
- Development of design documentation to support the procurement, fabrication, installation, commissioning and qualification of new and modification to existing equipment and systems
- Development of work breakdown structures, cost estimates and project programmes
- Manage the capital lifecycle of the project, including capital approval, maintaining accurate financial data for the project (spend and forecast) and project closure
- Manage the compliance lifecycle of the project, including change control, QRA and responding to quality investigations
- Facilitate the smooth running of the project, including ensuring cross function resource requirements are identified and secured, and that compliance with EHS and Quality requirements are fulfilled
- Support with and in some cases lead the commissioning and qualification activities
- Ensure HSE governance process is flowed including Hazard Study process and that actions are tracked and completed.
- Manage the design, installation and commissioning of systems (Mechanical)
- Ensure engineering project work is undertaken by competent staff and that resource is effectively managed. Where external engineering consultants and contractors are engaged, to ensure that the services provided are in accordance with company standards and practices.
- Ensure negotiations with third party Companies meet the site's business requirements.
- Ensure projects comply with legislative, regulatory and company standards and practices
Key requirements of Project Engineer:
- At least 5 years' experience in a Pharmaceutical Engineering environment, ideally in a maintenance or project engineering role with multi-skilled, mechanically biased experience of typical plant and equipment found in a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility, including vessels, pipework, pumps, HVAC and purified water
- Have sound engineering knowledge and experience to enable effective appreciation of the customer's requirements and the environment in which the solution will be required to operate.
- Have a recognised Degree or equivalent in a Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering biased subject.
- Strong practical and technical problem solving and decision-making skills which are supported by a strong practical mechanically biased working knowledge of mechanical equipment, control systems, instrumentation and process systems problem diagnosis.
- Previous experience within inhaled drug manufacturing would be beneficial
- Experience of managing facilities/utilities projects within a highly regulated environment
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Experience of change control and management
- Ability to communicate at all levels within an organisation
This is a superb opportunity to join a global manufacturing company who can offer a challenging role alongside an extremely attractive salary and benefits package.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's