|Job Title:||Purchasing Manager|
|Location:||North Wales, Wales|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||May 25, 2017 12:12|
Due to significant business growth, there is now a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Purchasing professional to join the senior team at this manufacturing site in North Wales. With a strong portfolio of products and an extensive customer base, this company is continuing to increase their turnover and need to ensure their purchasing function can support this growth.
A key focus of the role will be to develop a purchasing strategy that ensures the business can react to customer needs and stays ahead of market fluctuations and prices.
Reporting to the Managing Director, within the role of Purchasing Manager, responsibilities will be to:-
- Manage a spend of £15m across direct and indirect materials.
- Ensure that strong relationships are built with their predominately European supply base.
- Source new suppliers and negotiate favourable terms.
- Manage commodity prices.
- Ensure supplier capacity as volumes increase.
- Mange risks and opportunities within the supply chain.
- Identify cost saving opportunities and manage through to implementation.
- Develop procurement KPI's such as price variance reporting.
The successful candidate will have:-
- Experience working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience of commodity purchasing.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Experience achieving cost downs.
- The ability to negotiate high value contracts.
- A salary of £45-55,000 depending upon experience.
- Death in service benefit
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare scheme
To apply for this opportunity, please follow the 'apply now' button to send your CV through to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
North Wales, Wales
£45000 - £50000 per annum + BONUS + PENSION
TECHNICAL MANAGER - DAIRY
North Wales, Wales
£45000 - £55000 per annum
MULTI-SITE FACILITIES MANAGER
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £50000 per annum + PACKAGE
PRODUCTION SHIFT MANAGER
Greater Manchester, England
Up to £40000 per annum
Interim HR Manager
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits