|Job Title:||Purchasing Manager|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||May 11, 2018 13:57|
This is a newly created role and will provide a purchasing professional a fantastic opportunity to use their experience to set up a robust purchasing function for this continually growing manufacturing business.
The company are well established, manufacture a specialist plastic product range and are profitable, however purchasing is currently managed by individual department managers and therefore business spend is nowhere near as efficient as it should be.
This is a genuine opportunity for a Purchasing Manager to: -
- Develop a purchasing process from scratch.
- Identify cost saving initiatives, implement the changes and deliver a spend reduction.
- Develop strong relationships with suppliers.
- Source new suppliers and negotiate favourable terms of business.
- Undertake a review of all suppliers to identify 'best in class' for each category.
- Monitor purchasing activity against budget.
- Manage a spend that currently sits at £3.5m.
- Work closely with the warehouse team to effectively manage inventory.
The successful candidate will: -
- Have gained their purchasing experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Be an effective negotiator.
- Have man management experience to oversee an efficient warehouse operation.
- Be a strong communicator who is able to develop strong working relationships with internal customers and a global supplier base.
This company is continuing to grow through acquisition and this will provide excellent personal development and progression potential.
- Salary circa £35-40,000
- Monday -Thursday 8am-5pm, Friday 2pm finish.
- CIPS training if not already achieved.
- Free car-parking
To apply for this opportunity please follow the 'apply now' button to send your CV to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £50000.00 per annum
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits
Customer Service Advisor
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£20000 - £26000 per annum
INTERNAL SALES COORDINATOR
Up to £26000.00 per annum
SETTER / OPERATOR (MOULD TOOLS)
Up to £30000 per annum + Paid Overtime