|Job Title:||Purchasing Manager|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||August 22, 2018 15:33|
This is a newly created role and will provide a purchasing professional with a fantastic opportunity to use their experience to develop a robust purchasing function for this continually growing manufacturing business.
The company are well established, manufacture a specialist engineering product range and are profitable, however purchasing is not managed as efficiently as it should be.
This is a genuine opportunity for a Purchasing Manager to: -
- Identify cost saving initiatives, implement changes and deliver a spend reduction.
- Develop strong relationships with suppliers.
- Source new suppliers and negotiate favorable terms of business.
- Undertake a review of all suppliers to identify 'best in class' for each category.
- Monitor purchasing activity against budget.
- Work closely with the production team to effectively manage inventory.
The successful candidate will: -
- Have gained their purchasing experience within a manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Be an effective negotiator.
- Have man management experience to oversee an efficient inventory operation.
- Be a strong communicator who is able to develop strong working relationships with internal customers and a global supplier base.
- Ideally have used SAP or similar.
- This company is continuing to grow by maximising potential within new sectors and this will provide excellent personal development and progression potential.
- Salary circa £40,000
- CIPS training if required
- Free car-parking
This company is continuing to grow by maximising potential within new sectors and this will provide excellent personal development and progression potential.
To apply for this opportunity please follow the 'apply now' button to send your CV to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's