|Job Title:||Quality and Hygiene Manager|
|Salary:||£38000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
Quality and Hygiene Manager
Up to £40,000
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quality & Hygiene Manager to join a global leader at their manufacturing site in Liverpool. With a strong brand presence across UK and International retailers, this is a great opportunity to join a business who are truly established and quickly growing into an international food supplier.
Reporting to the UK Cluster QM, the main purpose of this hands-on role is to have full responsibility for the day to day running of the site Quality function, team, and output and to ensure development product quality along with team development and growth.
Key responsibilities include
- Coordinate the activities of the Quality & hygiene teams, necessary to maintain and improve factory standards, including any external contractors and deputise for the Cluster Technical Manager in their absence.
- Lead the HACCP team on site, maintaining a live HACCP document that is subject to annual review as a minimum. Ensuring all CCP's are monitored and recorded at appropriate frequencies. Ensure review and verification where required.
- Ensure all factory paperwork is kept up to date and issued in a timely manner. This includes, but not exclusive of recipes, packing specifications, monitoring records, Quality Standards, and other specifications.
- Regularly audit and provide leadership to the site to ensure the integrity of the site standards in line with BRC and customer codes of practice.
- To develop and maintain effective Work Instructions and Cleaning Schedules for manufacturing and general areas and to develop specific procedures for changeovers, deep cleaning, and overhead cleaning.
- Achievement of Site KPIs/Regulatory Standards and outstanding grades in both internal and external audits.
- Define and deliver continuous improvement activity.
- Embedding of corporate values across the team.
- Planning for and driving levels of accountability for food safety culture across site.
- Ensure the compliance, competitive advantage, and legality of the site with regards to Food Safety and Quality Culture.
- Ensure suitable capability is developed across product quality and standards.
Key requirements of Quality Manager:
- Ideally degree qualified in a scientific or technical discipline.
- Previous extensive track record in a Food Industry environment.
- MUST HAVE Technical/Quality/Hygiene experience within a food or food manufacturing background.
- MUST BE Pest Control trained.
- MUST HAVE previous HACCP/COSHH training.
- MUST HAVE Extensive experience of BRC accreditation, and food safety, hygiene standards and associated planning and detailed knowledge of customer codes of practice.
- Focused on continuous improvement, efficiencies and LEAN processes, 'results' orientated.
- Ability to influence cross functional working across teams/sites.
- Exposure to working with customers such as Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Aldi would be highly advantageous.
Those interested must contact firstname.lastname@example.org with their covering letter detailing your availability for interview
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.