Quality CI Engineer
|Job Title:||Quality CI Engineer|
|Salary:||£32 - £32000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2018 10:29|
Job Description - Quality CI Engineer
An international Manufacturer and Supplier of Technical coatings who can offer a Portfolio with well over 8,000 different Products is currently looking to recruit a new and exciting opportunity!
They are used in a wide Range of Applications across the board including automotive, energy, environmental just to name a few.
Currently with a headcount of more than 3,000 Employees worldwide, the next addition has the potential to become a key position within the business moving forward.
This really is an extremely unique opportunity and would only suit someone dedicated and driven to succeed and develop their future career.
The position of Quality CI Engineer
This position is a single post within the business, and although stand alone, there are indirect reports into the post offering scope for management experience with none required to begin with.
The key responsibility of the position would be to ensure the consistent improvement of all manufacturing processes on site along with the continues improvements of quality across the board, (supplier and customer) although to be clear, you will not be an acting part of the quality team on site.
You will be working shoulder to shoulder with the program manager in delivering process, quality or operational improvement projects and systems. You will deputies in their absence along with accompanying him overseas frequently - Ability to work as required at the sub-contract location in eastern Europe, (1 out of 5 weeks average) or any subcontract location defined. Home site will remain North Wales, but regular visits to the subcontract location will be required, frequency and timing will be dependent on business needs.
General responsibilities of the Quality CI Engineer
- Provide and lead a structured methodological approach to problem solving.
- To plan, design, set up, modify, optimise and monitor manufacturing processes.
- Assist in the development of standardised operating procedures and audits to ensure compliance.
- Support the delivery of Key Business Objectives.
- Carry out process audits to identify potential areas of nonconformity and develop resolutions;
- Be familiar with testing and inspection routines used to check product quality during the production process.
- Leading root cause analysis and develop training for all personnel to ensure that root causes are found and eliminated;
- Responding to customer quality issues, leading and participating in 8D investigations (1-2-14-60-day timescales), acting as the first point of contact for customer sites with regard to quality concerns.
- Contribute to FMEAs and associated functions around the introduction of new equipment and the improvement of existing;
- Auditing against national and international standards such as ISO14001 ISO9001:2000 etc
- To take an active involvement in planning and scheduling routine and preventative maintenance work as required and instructed
- To support Production by responding quickly to reports of equipment breakdown or failure and ensuring all repairs are undertaken effectively and with minimal disruption to normal production
- To undertake critical spares analyses for key items of production equipment and to ensure that adequate stocks of spare components are maintained.
- To be committed to a 5S method of working ensuring a well organised, neat and tidy working environment.
- Use of engineering skills to improve the manufacturing processes to ensure our high-quality products are produced efficiently and cost-effectively.
The ideal candidate will be:
Innovative thinker, Self-Motivated, take Ownership and accountability, works Collaboratively with others, makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement. A natural Problem Solver who has good Time Management skills and can work diligently under pressure. It is expected that you will have a high level of technical expertise and skills.
Experience & Qualifications
- Relevant previous experience, ideally within either a fast-moving component manufacturing.
- Environment or high complexity batch processing, is essential.
- Proven experience of problem solving.
- Demonstrable experience of investigating and solving quality related production problems.
- Computer literate with good presentation skills.
Please contact Sharon McDonough at Morgan Ryder if you are interested in learning more about this position, or alternativly click apply.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's