Quality Control Manager (GOOD BONUS)
|Job Title:||Quality Control Manager (GOOD BONUS)|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum + 7.5% BONUS|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||October 25, 2017 16:17|
A global giant within their industry (packaging) is looking to expand their Quality department further, I am currently looking to appoint a Quality Control Manager who has a proactive approach to Quality.
My clients story began over 100 years ago as a family owned company, and they still stay true to those roots and values. That's why they have chosen to invest in their people year after year. To facilitate growth and development of their employees, they provide a generous, market competitive total rewards program and support lifelong learning and leadership development among all employees.
Reporting to the site Quality Assurance Manager the responsibilities of a Quality Control Manager include:
- To ensure all quality control checks are carried out at the required frequencies as detailed in the quality management system.
- To manage all site Food Safety to meet the requirements of relevant industry standards, group RQP's, ISO 22000:2005 and BRC.
- To ensure that all can production meets customer requirements and no cans which are below the acceptable standards are despatched to customers.
- Monitoring quality achievement and ensuring that when non-conformances are found, corrective action is taken and is recorded and is effective.
- Implementation of any special quality plans for specific customer requirements.
- To interpret results of quality checks and present conclusions to production personnel and management highlighting results that are outside specifications.
- Ensuring that all product quality related records are retained in a controlled manner.
- Deputising in the absence of the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Responding to customer complaints in a timely manner, investigating the cause.
- Training personnel in the operation of inspection and test equipment.
- To review existing process controls and product verification techniques and seek improvements through improved processes, methods or equipment.
- Liaison with suppliers to report material problems and verify that corrective action has been taken.
- Ensuring the quality of incoming materials
- Daily review of any materials or product that has been isolated and making disposition decisions as appropriate.
- Conducting audits and hosting site customer visits.
- Ad hoc project work as required.
The requirements of the Quality Control Manager:
- HNC in technical, quality or business studies discipline
- Previous experience of working to BRC standards.
- Previous audit experience.
- Problem solving/total quality skills
- Manufacturing background in a high speed, high volume continuous process
- Successful track record in man management
- Good understanding of modern lean manufacturing techniques - SMED, Kaizen 5S, Kanban, Structured Problem solving, TPM/OEE, SPC, 6 Sigma etc
- A Management style heavily orientated to training and coaching
- Good computer skills - ability to manage via computerised data
The ideal Quality Control Manager:
The successful Quality Control Engineer will be a proactive/forward thinker with an autonomous approach to working whilst still lending themselves to a team orientated environment.
They will possess good attention to detail along with the ability to influence change and inspire peer groups,
It is important that this person has a methodical nature and is process driven due to the nature of this positon.
Interested? please click apply without delay to register your interest.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior HR Business Partner 12 MTHS FTC
£49000 - £50000 per annum + Associated Benefits
Bury, Greater Manchester
£26000 - £30000 per annum
Customer Service Team Leader
Up to £30000 per annum
£29000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits