|Job Title:||Quality Engineer|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||March 08, 2019 11:01|
Senior Quality Engineer
Do you have a unique skill set that sets you apart from other Quality Engineers climbing the professional ladder?
Are you an experienced senior Quality Engineer looking for a progressive opportunity to break the glass ceiling into management?
Or are you a Quality Engineer with solid experience in high reliability manufacturing sectors (Aerospace/Automotive) looking for an opportunity with a growing business?
My client, a manufacturing giant based in the Hertfordshire area, is looking to recruit a Quality Engineer who can hit the ground running in this busy and sometimes pressured manufacturing environment. Taking overall responsibility for the site customer quality function, you will take a hands-on approach along with overall technical responsibility for the ongoing quality performance of the business and customer relationships.
Full responsibilities include:
- To maintain and monitor a database of information, recording all relevant details of field failures.
- To conduct suitable investigations and Problem solve on production processes.
- To produce detailed reports on all customer claims and implement corrective actions.
- To visit both UK based and overseas customers and manufacturing locations.
- To provide support to Commercial teams and liaise with Purchasing to develop a process for cost recovery from suppliers based on formal agreements.
- To provide written communication of results from regular monitoring and feedback to cross functional teams or other relevant departments.
- To Fault find on field failures, establishing root causes and implementing corrective actions
- Participate and actively support, as requested, any continuous improvement events or activities within the organisation.
- Create and maintain a positive attitude which, providing internal and external customers with an outstanding level of customer service.
- Liaise with Manager for any difficulties in actioning the above and agreeing a resolution.
- To liaise with all departments to co-ordinate the quarantine/re-direction/re-work of non-conforming stock held on site and with the customer or supplier.
- To provide 8D reports to customers, with details of remedial actions provided by cross-functional teams.
- Ensure the smooth work flow of the Quality department and customer relationships are maintained, nurtured.
The ideal candidates will be:
- Highly experienced in the either Aerospace/Automotive sectors in a Quality capacity
- Must be in or have hands on experienced in a customer facing senior quality position.
- Solid understanding of FMEA, 8D, PPAP processes.
- Appreciation of electrical/electronic.
- Solid Quality systems experience.
Those interested must display a keen understanding of customer quality function in challenging manufacturing environment. This role is suitable for a self-motivated, ambitious, resilient performer with long term career progression goals. Must be able to perform under pressure to strict time scales.
Still interested? Click apply without delay to register your interest.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Coventry, West Midlands
Up to £33000 per annum
£38000 - £40000.00 per annum
West Yorkshire, England
Up to £40000 per annum + GREAT PACKAGE
West Yorkshire, England
£40000 - £42000 per annum + GREAT PACKAGE
Up to £45000.00 per annum