|Job Title:||Quality Engineer|
|Location:||North Ferriby, East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £37000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||November 26, 2019 14:24|
£35,000 - £37,000
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with endless growth opportunities and the chance to gain exposure to international quality platforms, then I believe this to be the right opportunity for you!
A global solution for the Aerospace industry, my client, a Tier 1 giant within aerospace machine manufacturing and assemblies is currently looking to recruit a Quality Engineer for their site in Hull.
Currently acting as service and supply for many leading Aerospace OEMs, it's the height of importance for my client to stay ahead of the game and ensure quality standards are upheld and maintained to the best standard possible.
The responsibilities of a Quality Engineer are as follows:
- Maintain and improve the QMS, processes and related approval and ensure that all customer requirements are satisfied and taking the necessary steps to resolve such concerns.
- Support, develop and improve the relationship with our quality contacts with customers.
- To work within cross functional teams on continuous improvement activities and Projects
- To develop, maintain and improve the company's QMS.
- Conduct internal audits against the system, ensuring ad hoc audits can be passed without exception.
- To support and lead on customer audits
- Coordinate the activities required for approvals/regulation by external bodies.
- Calibration activity of all instruments.
- To conduct root cause analyses, SPC and other appropriate quality tools and techniques to ensure that the manufacturing processes meet customer requirements.
- To provide technical support for the processes carried out in the Treatments facility (NDT and Chemical processing)
- To manage and develop the members of the Operations and Production team to ensure the appropriate level of skills and knowledge exist to support the ongoing requirements of the business
- To work in conjunction with the site management team, identifying opportunities to implement best practice.
- To liaise with manufacturing function to provide support for problem resolution as required
- To support cost reduction initiatives.
The Quality Engineer will possess the following:
- Qualified Engineer with direct exposure in a NADCAP environment
- Experience of NDT in Chemical Processing
- Previous Internal auditing experience
- Experience in lean tools such as 8D, Kaizen (Continues Improvement) process
- Experience in customer facing for quality related products / issues
- Chemical and special processes knowledge
- Aerospace manufacturing background ideally specific NADCAP experience
- New Product Introduction & associated tools FMEA, APQP + PPAP Awareness
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's