|Job Title:||Quality Manager|
|Location:||Coventry, West Midlands|
|Salary:||Up to £42000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2019 10:02|
Do you have a unique skill set that sets you apart from other Quality Engineers climbing the professional ladder? Are you an experienced/senior Quality Engineer looking for a step up into Management? Or alternatively an experience Quality Manager looking to embark upon your next challenge?
An opportunity working within a high-volume, fast paced manufacturing facility operating in the automotive sector has recently arisen. With increasingly high demands, national growth and a continuous strived for quality excellence, my client can offer scope for progression along with ongoing development opportunities.
Working on site for this globally recognised manufacturer based in Coventry, my client is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and conscientious Quality Manager to ensure that quality standards are continually improved upon and to promote a proactive approach to Quality standards, complaints procedures with view for continuous improvement.
Taking overall responsibility for the site quality function, you will take a hands-on approach along with overall technical responsibility for the quality accreditations and the ongoing quality performance of the business.
Within the role of Quality Manager, you will carry the following responsibilities:
- To asses current Quality standards across the business and performance levels across the quality department.
- To build, motivate, and lead a high performing quality team consisting of both engineers and inspectors.
- To improve upon current complaints procedures and ensure thorough and satisfactory investigations of customer complaints.
- To promote a proactive approach to Quality issues across the business.
- Facilitate containment and corrective actions.
- Drive behavioural change, encouraging other functions take accountability for quality.
- Improve data capture accuracy and integrity and to standardise reporting processes.
- To contribute to the approval and validation of new production lines and CAPEX programmes.
- Have a strong, firm, consultative approach to ensuring they become embedded into the operation.
The successful Quality Manager will: -
- Ideally HSE Management exposure/NEBOSH would be highly desirable, but not essential.
- Have previous experience of working in an engineering background such as automotive or other mechanical/machining environments.
- Have a full understanding of IATF 16949.
- Be a strong people manager.
- Be customer focused.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Have a systematic approach to root cause analysis and fault detection.
- Salary of up to £42,000
- 12% BONUS
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
- Defined contribution pension scheme 5%
- Life cover 2.5x salary
- Hour 8am-4pm Monday to Friday
Interested? Click 'apply' without delay, or alternatively contact Sharon McDonough at Morgan Ryder Associates for further information
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's