Regulatory Affairs Manager
|Job Title:||Regulatory Affairs Manager|
|Location:||Middleton, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||December 18, 2020 11:51|
Regulatory Affairs Manager
to £50,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of Europe's leading manufacturer's based in Middleton.
The purpose of the role is to contribute to achievement of the company overall strategy through provision of an 'independent' central group service for the assurance of Legal and Safety Compliance of products and the raw materials they contain. To discharge these duties the Senior Product Safety Manager applies expert professional knowledge of the Regulatory Affairs procedures, relevant product safety legislation, risk assessment principles and toxicology knowledge to the assessment of products in relation to use and foreseeable misuse.
Key responsibilities of the Regulatory Affairs Manager include:
- Author consumer risk assessments as required and take responsibility for risk assessment decisions.
- Take accountability with Head of Regulatory affairs for risk assessment decisions.
- To evaluate and assess product undesirable events as required, document assessment and propose corrective actions.
- Create policies and guidelines in support of Regulatory Affairs team objectives as required for both specific raw material and product issues.
- Act as group expert for consumer safety topics as it relates to both raw materials and products, represent Regulatory Affairs team both internally and externally in relation to this.
- To evaluate raw materials and assess suitability for proposed end use taking into account company guidelines, internal & external toxicological data and relevant legislation. Document assessment and supporting evidence and make approval or rejection decision based on this.
- To co-review and make approval/rejection decision on product and raw material assessments conducted by Product Safety team members.
- To continually update/maintain information (e.g. documentation/databases) used for all decisions in relevant Product Safety systems. Role is accountable for all changes impacting on safety decision making.
- To advise and propose required testing at third party laboratories to support product classification, claims pertaining to human well-being & compatibility in line with regulatory guidance. As required interpret and provide evaluation conclusion on testing results. This role is fully accountable for testing decisions and ensuring all relevant products are fully supported.
- To work with product development to gain understanding of the future development direction and highlight and give guidance on potential safety/legal issues. Document any guidance and supporting evidence provided.
- To work with Regulatory Affairs team on the continuous improvement and adaptation of guidelines/processes to meet changing business and regulatory needs.
- Understand the legal consumer requirements for products in terms of raw materials, labelling/packaging requirements and safety.
Key Requirements of Regulatory Affairs Manager include:
- Minimum requirement of a degree or equivalent in Toxicology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related science is essential.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in FMCG Product Safety Assessment is essential.
- Specific qualification in the field of toxicology or safety assessment would be highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in at least one technical aspect of consumer product manufacture or development.
- Good working knowledge of Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures (CLP) as it relates to the application of expert judgement for the classification of mixtures.
- Demonstrated experience of authoring consumer risk assessments would be advantageous.
- Line management experience would be advantageous.
- Computer literate - good user knowledge of Word / Excel / PowerPoint. Experience working with SAP is advantageous
- Logical with very strong organisation skills - able to successfully manage multiple tasks & deadlines
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving market leader, dont miss out click ' APPLY' today!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Trafford, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £46000 per annum
Supply Chain Manager
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£48000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent
Customer Technical Manager (Junior)
Rochdale, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £34000 per annum + Benefits
Engineering Project Manager - Pharmaceutical
County Armagh, Northern Ireland
£67000 - £73000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare, Relocation Assi
Supply Chain Manager - Immediate Start
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£48000 - £50000 per annum