|Job Title:||Safety Coordinator|
|Location:||Coventry, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£34000 - £36000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||March 28, 2019 17:22|
Salary includes car and shift allowance
Midlands (remote working)
My client is an established service provider for various industries from automotive, transport, waste management just to name a few.
With exceptional standards of health and safety, it will be the successors responsibility to ensure strict HSE compliance guidelines are adhered to on allocated customer sites across the UK.
The customer would be from the rail industry and the responsibility is to various depot and station for the cleaning services provided across the UK.
The successful candidates will be given all the tools needed in order to travel around the UK from station to depots, completing H&S inspection/audits, investigation and corrective action in some cases to ensure the general H&S of the client team working externally on cleaning contracts for transport links.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully understand the clients and the customer's HSQE program, including Accident and near miss reporting and safety audits.
- Carry out the required behavioural safety audits, attend the clients site safety meetings.
- Ensure timely HSQE updates are provided to the HSQE manager on HSQE performance using appropriate tracking and data systems.
- Set up audit schedules
- Monitor audit activities - reporting on and creating action plans
- Conduct frequent internal audits.
- Create audit reports and action plans and follow up on all action plans.
Health Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems Support
- Support and maintain documents and procedures within the Business manual.
- Assist HSQE manager in the review/update/implementation of procedures/policies/processes.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of the company's management system certifications (ISO standards, etc.).
- Support the HSQE manager with the clients reporting and other applicable requirements.
- Attend monthly HSQE meetings at Head Office.
Safety Systems Support
- Risk Assessment and Safe Working Methods
- Support sites in the maintenance of suitable and sufficient risk assessments and safe working methods - create reports and action plans, follow up on all action plans.
- Accident/Incident reporting ensuring accurate and timely incident notification to the HSQE Manager.
- Collation of data for reporting purposes, review of accident/incident investigations.
- Supporting sites with investigations as required. Support the clients Supervisory Staff and Line Management in tracking and resolution of non-compliance at customer sites.
- Assist the business with the provision of in-house training for the following areas.
- Toolbox talks
- Manual handling training
- Risk assessment training
- Any other safety training as required/identified
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or above
- Working knowledge of country HSE Legislation
- Previous supervisory knowledge.
- Knowledge of transport Industry
- Health and Safety process and guidelines (Safety systems support)
- 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management systems
- Quality systems - (ISO-9001)
- Environmental systems (ISO 14001).
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's