Senior Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Design Engineer|
|Salary:||£38000 - £42000 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||November 17, 2017 12:18|
Senior Design Engineer - Precision Engineering
What do you love about design engineering?
What inspired you to become a design engineer?
What unique ideas have you had which have not been given the credit or attention they deserve by either current or previous employers?
How often do you find yourself bored in your job, repeating the same tasks, adjusting the same designs over and over to 'meet customer specifications', but believe you have a lot more to offer as a design engineer?
More often than you would like?
If this is the case, I'd like to present an opportunity to you……….
My client, a renowned mechanical & electrical engineering group based just outside of Chester is currently looking to appoint a Senior Design Engineer with a very broad and varied experience.
With a unique blend of skills, my client serves a wide range of manufacturing and processing businesses across the UK, creating complex designed according to bespoke customer specifications for any requirement from the supply of engineering components, through all aspects of maintenance engineering to design, manufacture and commissioning of new plant equipment.
Working amongst such industries as automotive, aerospace, oil and gas, food, packaging, FMCG and food production just to name a few, it's safe to say my client give ample opportunity for a passionate designer to embark on a position which offers a huge variation of designs, techniques, processes and industry. No 2 days are the same. No 2 designs are the same!
Due to a structural change within the engineering department, there is a current need for a talented Design Engineer to take a step up the career ladder and begin to gain some control over current and future designs and processes.
As the senior design engineer, your responsibilities will be as follows:
reporting into the engineering manager.:
- You will Design and develop a wide variation of mechanical machined parts according to customer specifications and requirements using Solidworks.
- You will maintain current and future projects and help lead the design team in designing parts, assemblies along with other ad hoc bespoke mechanical units for customers from concept through to completion.
- You will assist with the planning of the departments resources and assist other departments with any other design related issues, managing these projects and ensuring the department is meeting deadlines.
- You will be expected to complete calculation checks & design approval and create proposals from scratch.
- You will attend customer site visits and design from own vision, taking customer specifications, measuring up, and creating relationships with customers.
- Solve problems at customer site and create solutions using design to overcome issues or potential future issues.
- Being creative and innovative with design and process.
- Implementing designs and installations on customer sites along with all the relevant checks.
- Mechanical Engineer qualification (Time served/HNC/ or degree)
- Strong communication skills regarding suppliers and customers.
- Proven technical ability with Solidworks or similar
- Knowledge of a wide variation of manufacturing processes.
- Industrial machined parts design experience
- Customer interaction experience
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic design engineer who has experience within various industries looking for a step up in responsibility, who can display a portfolio of previous designed you have developed for various industries.
If you are interested in this position and feel you have a genuine passion for Design Engineering and the ability to do this in a business that caters to all industries, please contact Sharon McDonough without delay to submit your application.
Or alternatively click apply
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Up to £42000 per annum + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
LEAD SITE ENGINEER
£40000 - £45000 per annum
LEAD AUTOMATION / CONTROLS ENGINEER
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Great Package
MECHANICAL ASSEMBLY FITTER
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
£24000 - £28000 per annum
Marketing Director EMEA
Attractive Salary and Package