|Job Title:||Senior Plant Manager|
|Salary:||Up to £75000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ceri Willoughby|
|Job Published:||12 days ago|
Senior Plant Manager
Speciality Chemical Manufacturer
£75,000 base salary
£7,400 car allowance
Up to 15% bonus
Good contributory pension
As part of an acquisition by one of Americas largest privately owned businesses, I am recruiting a Senior Plant Manager for my client, to support in the high levels of positive change and transformation.
The role will take responsibility for the total safety, operation, performance, and profitability of the plant, which is the larger of three plants at their global HQ.
- Accountable for the operation of the facility at all times.
- Ensure that the facility is maintained to provide a safe workplace that is compliant with regulatory standards.
- Taking active leadership roles in target areas such as Behaviour Based Safety, Hazard Identification, and Procedure Writing.
- Participates in corporate/plant wide HSE, quality and productivity initiatives.
- Maintain company records in a manner compliant with operating permits, OSHA, Environmental Permits and ISO programs.
- Lead the plant quality improvement program in achieving the goal of being the "highest quality/lowest cost producer."
- Develop operating and capital budgets. Monitor and track performance to ensure operation within these budgets. Review all plant purchases and transactions to ensure accuracy and validity.
- Develop and maintain a short-term and long-term development plan focused on safety, quality, cost, and productivity.
- Communicates operating goals to site personnel and leads in such a way that the plants goals are clearly identifiable and owned by all personnel.
- Provide leadership which promotes a safe and empowered organization.
- Actively engaging plant personnel in the process of Continuous quality Improvement and Customer Satisfaction.
- Working with Human Resources, hiring, evaluating, dismissing, and managing personnel in their operating areas.
- Identifying all capital projects which will improve the safety process and profitability of the plant. Includes evaluating, submitting, writing, tracking, and closing out all approved capital projects.
- Utilize and leverage "best practices," must be able to guide the development of innovative solutions in areas of process reliability, productivity, efficiency, and yield.
- Routinely monitors environmental conditions in the plant and takes appropriate investigative and corrective actions and makes timely notifications.
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Strong engineering aptitude
- Minimum of 7-10 years of direct operations management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Leadership skills to develop all employees individually and as a team in a progressive work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Working knowledge of employee relations in a manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge of health, safety, and environmental procedures
- Strong background in the use of Lean Manufacturing techniques, Six Sigma, and/or process statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of quality and environmental standards such as ISO 9001 AND 14001
- Working knowledge of budgeting and joint goals processes.
- Experience with SAP desired but not a pre-requisite.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.