Senior Quality Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Quality Engineer|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2018 17:32|
Snr Quality Engineer
Up to £40,000
My client, a manufacturer of Precision Components for the automotive sector, is looking for to add to their existing team of Quality Engineers a Snr Quality Engineer to head up all quality related responsibilities for a designated department of their site based in Skemersdale. With state of the art, cutting edge technology to hand, aiding all operational positions to perform with ease, this post would suit a highly experienced quality engineer with a desire to progression through to the next stages of their career, who would like to be become part of a business that favors investment along with future development.
The position would include the following responsibilities:
- Work as a key team player, with direction and motivation being given to achieve internal & external quality expectations to automotive standards.
- Maintaining, improving and promotion of excellent customer relations along with improvements in the departmental KPI's for this role.
- Investigate and implement corrective action for Daily Internal Quality Concerns.
- Manage Key Customer concerns: Structured Problem solving, working closely with Process Engineers with regard to 8D ownership from start to speedy resolution, protecting the customer at all times.
- Continuous improvement activities and the support of these.
- Liaising with Process, Production and maintenance to ensure smooth operational flow, supporting where necessary.
- Performing & reporting MSA studies.
Job Requirements (Essential)
- Minimum HNC/HND qualified engineers or time served professional with a minimum of five years' experience in a similar Quality Engineer role within an automotive company.
- Full understanding of IATF (TS) 16949 / ISO 9001 requirements.
- Full understanding of FMEA, APQP, PPAP, Control Plans & Quality Standards to AIAG guidelines & IATF (TS) requirements.
- Good knowledge and experience of using (programming) precision measurement equipment (manual & computer controlled)
- Auditing to TS / IATF - Systems, Process, Product, Supplier (VDA 6.3 audit experience would be an advantage)
- Computer Literate - Excel & Word
- Six sigma methodologies
- Use of Minitab software
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Quality Engineer (Automotive)
Halifax, West Yorkshire
£35000 - £38000 per annum
Quality Engineer (Automotive) - CONTRACT
Halifax, West Yorkshire
£20 - £30 per hour + 40 HOUR WEEK
LEAD SITE ENGINEER
£40000 - £45000 per annum
ELECTRONIC ENGINEER (WIREMAN)
Worsley, Greater Manchester
Up to £24377 per annum + EXCELLENT BENEFIT
LEAD AUTOMATION / CONTROLS ENGINEER
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Great Package