|Job Title:||Service Supervisor|
|Salary:||£24000 - £28000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||26 days ago|
Are you an exceptional Service Coordinator looking for new progressive challenge in niche industry? Are you a production/service/logistics schedular with good engineering knowledge looking for a new direction? Do you have the drive and ambition to go above and beyond for company and simply want the same in return in terms of investment in your personal development?
LOOK NO FURTHER!
My client, a global giant in the excavation industry, is currently looking to appoint a new Service Supervisor to head up their Field Engineering service for maintenance and repair based in Slough.
With local depots around the country and a dedicated product support and service team, they are entirely focused on giving both the customer and their team the best journey possible, continuous improvement across the board as well as ensuring each team member receives the opportunity to progress and develop their skill set with investment into further education and vocational courses promised.
The role will report into the site manager and you will work closely alongside the Parts Supervisor of the business to ensure a smooth operational flow of both parts and service into the external domain, other responsibilities of a Parts Supervisor include:
Purpose of the role
- Coordinate field service jobs through from cradle to closure ensuring a smooth and efficient work flow, in a timely manner using internal management system.
- Receive calls or request by email from customers requesting service for repair or maintenance.
- Monitor machine conditions using state of the art telematics.
- Organise service engineers efficiently and effectively to attend customer sites.
- Pro-actively liaise with customers to arrange scheduled services.
- Visit customers when requested or where necessary.
- Satisfy customers' requirements regarding documentation.
- Liaise and assist Customer Support department to minimise disputes with customers.
- Manage the opening and closing of all field service jobs.
- Ensure engineers complete service reports and time sheets correctly and on time.
- Assist Depot Manager to control work in progress and resolve any disputes that occur.
- Ensure proper utilisation of labour in accordance with targets set.
- Organise the use of suppliers and sub-contractors as necessary with the approval of the Depot Manager.
- Making sure that warranty jobs are closed on time and all necessary supporting documentation is provided.
- Apprenticeship in Construction Plant Maintenance and Repair or relevant experience in heavy construction equipment is desirable.
- Exposure to heavy plant environment in an engineering capacity is desirable.
- Technical expertise and knowledge of range of mining and excavation equipment is desirable.
Interesrted? Click apply without delay.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.