|Job Title:||SHIFT LEADER|
|Salary:||£28000.00 - £45600.00 per annum + EXCELLENT BENEFITS|
|Contact Name:||Victoria Mass|
|Job Published:||May 08, 2019 15:24|
SHIFT LEADER x 2 (1 x EARLY SHIFT 1 x LATE SHIFT)
EARLY SHIFT - £28,000 - £38,000
LATE SHIFT - £33,600 - £45,600 (INCLUDES SHIFT ALLOWANCE 20%)
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for leading, developing and managing the shift operations.
The successful Shift Leader will oversee production to ensure that output, targets and KPIs are achieved,
The role of the Shift Leader will include:
- Using skills & knowledge, providing support to all teams throughout site
- Working alongside other departments to ensure optimal running of manufacturing functions
- Plan, conduct and maintain training records - across departments - to ensure personnel are competent
- Developing and presenting KPI's for the team regularly - including CI and LEAN plans.
- Managing team performance delivery, including improvement plans - ensuring performance targets are achieved.
- Leading and driving a H&S culture, using observation and feedback techniques and executing improvements.
- Ensuring all appraisals, disciplinaries, return to works, absence meetings are completed.
- Full and effective handovers to next shift, to ensure continuity of communication.
- Ensuring company policies and procedures are complied with and records are maintained.
The ideal candidate for the role of Shift Leader should have the following:
- Experience of Production Supervision within a fast-paced environment - with a good understanding of manufacturing operations.
- Ability to effectively monitor service level performance using KPIs
- Excellent organisation skills, being able to prioritise, meet deadlines, multi-task and re-prioritise work.
- Basic understanding of Risk Assessments, COSHH, Manual Handling and Process Instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, to build relationships at all levels and motivate a team to complete tasks from start to finish
- Experience of CI and LEAN programmes
- Positive team player and 'Can Do' attitude
- EARLY SHIFT - £28,000 - £38,000
- LATE SHIFT - £33,600 - £45,600
- EXCELLENT Benefits
Interviews are taking place over the next couple of weeks - so don't delay. We can't wait to meet you!
To find out more, click 'apply now' and send your CV directly to the recruiter
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's