Shift Maintenance Engineer
|Job Title:||Shift Maintenance Engineer|
|Location:||Ellesmere Port, Cheshire|
|Salary:||Up to £42000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||March 16, 2021 13:27|
Shift Maintenance Engineer (Electrical bias)
to £42,000 + Overtime
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an electrically bias shift maintenance engineer to join the team at a well known manufacturer, at that site based in Ellesmere Port.
Key Responsibilities of Shift Maintenance Engineer:
- Respond to machine and system failures/stoppages, effectively diagnosing root cause to minimise unplanned non-productive maintenance and implementing robust countermeasures
- Work to develop and implement PPM system under the guidance of the Engineering Manager and liaise with Production Management to agree weekly maintenance schedules that fit with site operational requirements
- Carry out response & preventative maintenance activities in line with site maintenance equipment strategies
- Communicate progress and completion of reactive maintenance to production team
- Maintain reactive maintenance records in conjunction with the Engineering Manager and Production Manager & agree necessary corrective actions as required
- Accurately record and analyse data from equipment failures, escalating where necessary or updating PPM content / frequency
- Support all aspects of the maintenance teams spares strategy including auditing, ordering, recording usage and replenishment
- Work in a manner that promotes and supports Lean Manufacturing principles including 5S and Visual Management
- Maintain documentation and data to ensure compliance with all applicable quality and maintenance systems
- Constantly strive to improve and promote quality, using escalation procedure where appropriate
Key Requirements of Shift Maintenance Manager:
- Time served Engineer Electrical (Multi skilled with Electrical bias preferred)
- Previous experience of working within a maintenance department as a technician or a similar multi skilled role
- FMCG experienced
- ONC/HNC or equivalent combination of education and training in a similar environment
- Willingness to develop and embrace IT and new technologies in this area.
- Conversant with a Preventative Maintenance methodologies
- Willingness to embrace change and continuous improvement methods
- Demonstrable problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent analytical & diagnostic skills
Interviews will be taking place immediately, to be considered -click 'APPLY' now!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£36000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
4x Maintenance Engineers (4 shift)
£35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
Proposals & Project Engineer
Up to £35000.00 per annum
Control & Automation Engineer
£38000 - £40000 per annum
Project Engineer - Blow Moulding
£30000 - £40000 per annum