|Job Title:||Shift Manager|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£58000 - £58100 per annum + Bonus, Free Parking|
|Contact Name:||Phil Noon|
|Job Published:||February 06, 2018 08:28|
£58,000.00 (including shift allowance)
My client a Global FMCG company are looking to recruit experienced Shift Manager with an engineering background to join them during a key stage in their sites development.
Making products for global companies such as Coca-Cola my client is a world leader, currently undergoing conversion projects to allow for even more efficient production.
Known for their family orientated atmosphere, working life such as the one here is one very much sought after. Always looking to be as flexible as they can to help their employees and maintaining a happy first name basis workforce from senior to blue collar staff, this is the role many have been looking for.
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and build a committed team which will maintain maximum safety and quality at all times.
The Shift Managers report directly to the Assistant Plant Manager but have reporting duties to all senior managers.
- Ensure the shift team meets targets
- Be a role model for Health and safety Promote and maintain good housekeeping in accordance with company and legislative requirements
- To effectively communicate key performance targets within the team.
- Implement continuous improvement where necessary.
- Investigate/report any and all issues on site.
- Responsible for timely and accurate accident investigations
- Ensure adequate training, supervision and corrective feedback to the Shift Personnel for who they are responsible
- Develop Shift personnel by performing appraisals and critical competencies review and identifying a succession plant and train/develop consequently
- Apply the disciplinary and grievance procedure as per local agreement
- Ensure that any accidents, hazards, near misses or environmental incidents are captured and reported.
- HNC in Engineering Discipline, preferably HND
- Problem solving / total quality skills
- Analytical skills to interpret numerical data
- A manufacturing background in a high speed, high volume continuous process
- Good understanding of modern lean manufacture technique - SMED, Kaizen 5S,
- A management style heavily orientated to training and coaching
- Good computer skills - ability to manage via computerised data
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety work practices
If you are ready to join a Global company with all of the support and opportunity you can ask for the click "APPLY NOW" or contact email@example.com on 0151 480 2300
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Oldham, Greater Manchester
Up to £44000 per annum + GREAT PACKAGE
Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Site Engineering Manager
Up to £55000.00 per annum
Engineering Project Manager
Portadown, County Armagh
£55000 - £65000 per annum + SUPERB PACKAGE
UK HR Manager
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
£65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + benefits