SHIFT OPERATIONS MANAGER
|Job Title:||SHIFT OPERATIONS MANAGER|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£38000 - £40000 per annum + pension, bonus, life assurance|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||June 21, 2016 14:41|
SHIFT OPERATIONS MANAGER
£40,000 SALARY + BONUS + PENSION + LIFE COVER + OTHER
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a senior level Shift Operations Manager to join a successful and growing manufacturer based in Greater Manchester. The business has acquired new customers across a variety of industries, and have diversified their product range significantly. As a result they require an experienced Manager to work as part of the Senior Management team, establishing and driving lean processes and cultures.
This is a key, influential position within the business. You will be working closely with Production, Engineering, H&S, Quality and Technical teams to develop a culture of continuous improvement, autonomy and coaching.
Responsibilities will include…
- Managing teams of skilled, semi-skilled and apprentice production operatives on a two-shift system
- Working with engineering teams to reduce downtime and waste in the production process
- Monitor, report and problem solve KPI's including health and safety, quality and outputs
- Promoting continuous improvement, training and developing individuals in all areas
- Implementing behavioural management strategies in line with company policy
The ideal candidate…
- Experience managing Production teams at Production Manager level or above in a fast moving, continuous process manufacturing environment
- Engineering qualifications/experience
- A strong people manager with experience of change management
- Formal training in Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement
- Excellent analytical skills, able to read, interpret and present data
We are a solution driven manufacturer who provide high quality products to a variety of industries across the UK, we have gained numerous accreditations for our products and services and are on a continued growth strategy plan. We are looking for enthusiastic, intelligent individuals with excellent people management skills and experience. You will join a business who are dedicated to people development and process improvement.
In addition to a great annual salary you will receive a matched contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance and life assurance, holiday allowance plus opportunity to earn bonus.
To be considered select APPLY NOW!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's