|Job Title:||SHIFT SUPERVISOR|
|Salary:||Up to £40000 per annum + EXCELLENT BENEFITS|
|Contact Name:||Victoria Mass|
|Job Published:||January 08, 2020 13:31|
CIRCA £40,000 DOE + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
PERMANENT - FULL TIME
Reporting to the Shift Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the shop floor.
The successful Shift Supervisor will ensure full responsibility of the shift, in terms of managing staff, targets etc.
The role of the Shift Supervisor will include:
- Using skills & technical knowledge, providing support to all direct reporting staff.
- Ensuring correct procedures being carried out on shop floor
- Allocating job cards, and monitoring progress of operatives.
- Managing job quotations - including time, quality, targets etc.
- Driving a H&S culture, using observation and feedback techniques and executing improvements.
- Full and effective handovers to next shift, to ensure continuity of communication.
- Ensuring company policies and procedures are complied with, and records are maintained.
The ideal candidate for the role of Shift Supervisor should have the following:
- Time served machinist.
- Experience with milling/turning/boring machinery.
- Familiarity of a fast-paced manufacturing environment and operations
- Experience in leading a team and individuals to success, with excellent people management skills.
- Knowledge of HR and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Excellent organisation skills, being able to prioritise, meet deadlines, multi-task and re-prioritise work and delegate
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, to build relationships at all levels and motivate a team to complete tasks from start to finish
- Targets and results orientated.
- Experience within automotive (or similar) industry
- Circa £40,000 DOE
- Death in service
Interviews are taking place over the next couple of weeks - so don't delay. We can't wait to meet you!
To find out more, click 'apply now' and send your CV directly to the recruiter
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's