Site / Plant Manager
|Job Title:||Site / Plant Manager|
|Location:||Stockport, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||June 21, 2021 09:20|
£55,000 + £5000 car allowance + very attractive benefits package
Our client, a 1st tier supplier into high reliability manufacturing sectors, has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Plant Manager to take overall responsibility for an existing manufacturing operation based in Stockport.
This progressive opportunity comes with a fantastic benefits package and the scope to further develop your career to a global level. You will take on all day to day responsibility for the whole plant in all departments. You will be joining a team of dedicated professionals within a global operation who are looking for a like-minded Manager who is hungry to succeed.
The successful candidates will take on such responsibilities as the following:
To work with the UK Operations leadership team to develop the Site Strategy to deliver the top level KPIs and to drive a culture of total customer satisfaction.
- Create budgets and forecasts
- Deliver the agreed P+L for the site in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Manage all departments, production, quality, customer service, engineering, and administration functions.
- Manage all site personnel, including communication, training, appraisal, disciplinary, etc.
- Produce monthly reports for the site and analyse key variances to the P+L and action accordingly.
- In conjunction with the Customer Services Manager, push positive customer services with a view to exceeding customer expectations.
- Visit customers and suppliers and build relationships.
- Strive to achieve a world Class working environment for our employees.
- Deliver cost benefit using TPM and 5S and Visual Management Systems
- Maintain site quality accreditations and identify opportunities for further accreditations based on market requirements.
- Deliver year on year cost improvements through Lean Projects and Continuous Improvements culture.
Qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Strong leadership, with good operational / management experience.
- Track record of delivering continuous improvement projects and increasing good business performance through sales, operations and culture change and have the drive and vision to lead the site to world class levels of service.
- Good understanding of quality systems.
- Degree qualified - Business and/or Engineering.
- Thorough understanding of Lean Manufacturing and experience training direct reports in effective use of these principles.
- Operated a AS9100 Quality system.
- Experience of a NADCAP operation.
- Metallurgical Thermal Processing is highly advantageous
Those interested must forward their most up to date CV including a cover letter and availability for interview to firstname.lastname@example.org without delay. Interview are expected to be held July 7th.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Plant Manager
Up to £75000.00 per annum
Site Electrical Engineer / Authorised Person
Anglesey, Isle of Anglesey
£65000 - £72000 per annum
Continuous Improvement Manager
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits
Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager
£48000 - £60000 per annum + Car and Bonus
Senior Process Engineer
Holyhead, Isle of Anglesey
£65000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits