Snr Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Snr Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||November 12, 2018 13:50|
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
What do you love about design engineering? What inspired you to become a design engineer?
What unique ideas have you had which have not been given the credit or attention they deserve by either current or previous employers?
How often do you find yourself bored in your job, repeating the same tasks, adjusting the same designs over and over to 'meet customer specifications', but believe you have a lot more to offer as a design engineer?
More often than you would like?
If this is the case, I'd like to present an opportunity to you……….
With a unique blend of skills, my client serves a wide range of manufacturing and processing businesses across the UK, creating complex designs according to bespoke customer specifications for any requirement from the supply of engineering components, through all aspects of maintenance engineering to design.
Working amongst such industries as oil and gas, construction, agricultural and marine just to name a few, it's safe to say my client gives ample opportunity for a passionate designer to embark on a position which offers a huge variation of designs, techniques, processes and industry. No 2 days are the same. No 2 designs are the same!
Due to a structural change within the engineering department, there is a current need for a talented Mechanical Design Engineer to begin to gain some control over current and future designs and processes.
As the mechanical design engineer, your responsibilities will be as follows:
reporting into the engineering manager.:
- You will Design and develop a wide variation of solutions for various markets according to customer specifications and requirements using Solidworks.
- You will maintain current and future projects and help lead the design team in designing parts, assemblies along with other ad hoc bespoke units for customers from concept through to completion.
- You will assist with the planning of the departments resources and assist other departments with any other design related issues, managing these projects and ensuring the department is meeting deadlines.
- You will be expected to complete calculation checks & design approval and create proposals from scratch.
- You will attend customer site visits and design from own vision, taking customer specifications, measuring up, and creating relationships with customers.
- Solve problems at customer site and create solutions using design to overcome issues or potential future issues.
- Being creative and innovative with design and process.
- Implementing designs on customer sites along with all the relevant checks.
- Mechanical Engineer qualification (Time served/HNC/ or degree)
- Proven technical ability with Solidworks or similar
- Knowledge of a wide variation of manufacturing and quality processes (FMEA, PPAP, APQP, 5Y, 8D)
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic design engineer who has experience within various industries looking for a step up in responsibility, who can display a portfolio of previous designed you have developed for various industries. If you are interested in this position, please contact Morgan Ryder Associates, or alternatively click apply without delay.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's