Snr NPD Technologist
|Job Title:||Snr NPD Technologist|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||March 23, 2021 16:49|
Snr NPD Technologist
Due to continuing growth for their UK Food business, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced New Product Development Food Technologist to join a national manufacturer and distributor of food products. This is a field-based role, covering a patch from Sheffield to the south of Scotland.
Reporting into the NDP Manager, you will be responsible for New Product Food Development and will also be responsible for all inquiries and actions relating to food applications. Working with sales, market research, account management of the companies 2 biggest accounts and to test and develop products added to the company portfolio.
Key Responsibilities for New Product Development Technologist
To manage customers' accounts with NPD and EPD projects from concept to launch.
- Direct contact with Key retailers, face to face and written communication.
- Create and develop innovative designs, capturing new key trends designs for both NPD and EPD projects.
- Work to tight deadlines in a fast pace environment ensuring that all key milestones are met.
- Champion recipe creation and all documentation throughout concept to launch process including recipes, submission forms, QAS/ CQMs, launch folders, factory paperwork.
- Undertake all tasks associated with product launch- organoleptic testing, micro review.
- Responsible for sourcing new ingredients, fit for purpose for the design, customer and site requirements and costs. Be the first point of contact for basic information such as specification, MOQ, lead times and price.
- Attend all customer submission meetings.
- Responsible for sending out kitchen samples and to meet the required delivery deadlines.
- Work closely with process technologist to organise trials, ensure all raw materials are ordered in advance.
- Support production and the process technologist throughout the trial stage.
- Organise pre-production launch meetings & oversee first product launches.
- Work closely with relevant specification writer to ensure alignment with project updates.
- Attend any onsite meetings as required.
- Support with innovation days.
- Attend quality panels when required and or Competitor benchmarking sessions.
- Be the link between the customer needs and requirements and the process technologist's adherences to the factory processes
- Support and ensure transit trials are completed and recorded
- Responsible for sending out photography samples, public relation samples.
- Researching new ways to produce and improve the quality, processing, and packaging
- Support with projects for the benefit of the business and department as directed by the NPD manager.
Key Requirements for New Product Development Technologist
- Experience of working within a Senior Technologist role in the food industry essential.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's