|Job Title:||Stores Coordinator|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
Are you an experienced stores person looking for a progressive step into a global organisation?
Do you have the experience and knowledge to take over all responsibility for all stock maintenance on a fast-paced manufacturing site?
Are you organised, methodical, with man management experience with the experience to head up a small team?
A unique and exciting opportunity has recently arisen with my client based in the Milton Keynes area to become part of an established manufacturing business who are number 1 globally in the mas production of none flexible packaging of its sort.
The role includes some minor Buying responsibilities but does not require experience of this sort, so would eb the perfect opportunity for someone wanting to gain some exposure to supplier negotiations whilst taking full responsibility of the shop-floor Stores environment as a Stores Coordinator.
The responsibility of a Stores Coordinator are as follows:
- Prime contact for any purchasing spare part/ consumable related material for the Milton Keynes site (including out of hours)
- Maintain and running MRP & placement of all orders and associated administration.
- Man-management of stores team (Stores person, Stores administrator)
- Maintain stock accuracy & records in SAP.
- Invoice management
- Monitoring of outstanding PO's
- Use the tools available in SAP to ensure orders are processed and manged in a timely manner
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain the best price and delivery on all parts
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction
- Day to day operation and maintenance of the stores, internal & external.
- Work closely with Group Sourcing to negotiate contractual terms and prices with our suppliers
- Maintenance of Plant contracts
- Work Closely with Group Sourcing to share process saving/initiatives, potential Group Sourcing deals and manage Group Initiatives
- Utilise SAP and Excel to improve procurement process
- Close working relationship with all departments, especially Engineering to maximise benefits gained
- Daily contact with key internal customers to understand purchasing/stores issues, to communicate stores position around critical parts and to implement agreed action.
- Develop, maintain and publish stores KPIs.
- Cover holidays and absences.
The ideal candidate:
My client is looking for an experience Stores person with strong communication skills, who will be expected to take full responsibility of the Stores department and successfully manage minor negotiations with local suppliers for sporadic requirements on site.
Ideally someone who has worked around engineers within stores or in a manufacturing environment before, who have experience of shop floor mentality, SAP experience would be advantageous also.
Someone who is an experienced user of MRP systems as well as all Microsoft desktop applications would be essential along with the ability to maintain stock levels, related documentation, and the ability to build relationships with all customers including internal 'customers' on site.
Someone hands on, who is methodical, process and target driven.
Experience in a similar role is essential.
Interested? Click apply without delay
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.