|Job Title:||Strategic Buyer|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£35000 - £38000 per annum + Excellent|
|Contact Name:||Emma Brighouse|
|Job Published:||January 10, 2019 14:25|
This specialist chemical manufacturer are currently going through an intense period of transformation and their growth will see a £10m increase in turnover over the next five years.
To support business growth, the Supply Chain Director is looking to recruit a Strategic Buyer to ensure that supplier capability is maximised in order to reduce cost, improve service delivery and quality of product.
Within the role of Strategic Buyer, typical responsibilities will be to: -
- Maintain and develop key supplier relationships.
- Identify new suppliers within the marketplace.
- Manage supply chain risk.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Maximise cost potential across a £20m spend across raw materials and indirect requirements.
- Be the point of escalation for supplier related issues.
The successful strategic buyer will: -
- Have chemical purchasing experience.
- Ideally be CIPS qualified or working towards.
- Ideally have worked with ERP systems.
- Be looking for an opportunity for progression.
- To £38,000.
- 25 days holiday plus stats.
- Pension scheme - 3% employee and 6% employer contribution.
- Excellent development potential to senior management team.
- 40 Hour week.
To apply, please follow the 'apply now' link to send your CV to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's