Supply Chain Director
|Job Title:||Supply Chain Director|
|Contact Name:||Terry Murphy|
|Job Published:||July 21, 2017 15:51|
£80,000 > £100,000 basic + Car allowance and benefits package.
Are you a manufacturing/engineering sector based Procurement & Supply Chain Leader? Are you capable of delivering a Leadership role within the constraints of a corporate environment? Can you advise on strategy then deliver a robust, fit for purpose, cost effective supply chain? Do you have the drive to work to aggressive growth and change rates?
This is a unique opportunity for a Senior Procurement & Supply Chain professional with a broad portfolio of experience within the manufacturing sector to assume responsibility for both direct and indirect commodities.
Reporting to the Executive Committee, you will have ultimate responsibility for delivering a fit for purpose supply chain, ensuring that supply is aligned with customer demand and the commercial risk is mitigated throughout.
Responsibilities will include:
- Direct and Indirect spend
- Sub contract manufacturing, engineering and service related supplies
- Understanding the forecast and necessary supply chain to deliver customer requirements
- Produce production plans for multiple business units
- Assessing capabilities within the current supply chain and mitigate any risks
- Optimise the supply chain to drive down inventory costs whilst maintaining high OTIF performance
- Identify skill gaps in the current team, train, develop and mentor individuals to bridge those gaps.
- Ensure strict compliance to material/supplier quality approval is maintained in a safety critical environment.
- Manage supplier approval processes for engineered metallic commodities.
- Consolidate the supply base across all available commodities
- Work with predefined/preapproved suppliers to improve performance and reduce direct and indirect cost
Candidates must come from a complex engineered product environment where the customer can influence the shape of the procurement process. Candidates must also be comfortable with a complex supply chain. Experience considered includes Automotive Tier 1, engine, chassis and driveline components, precision engineering, aerospace components, capital plant & power generation etc.
To apply please click "apply now" and send your CV to Terry Murphy | Associate Director, Morgan Ryder Executive Search (Part of Morgan Ryder Associates).
Morgan Ryder is a provider of Outsourced Recruitment Solutions, Executive Search Services plus Permanent and Contract recruitment services for Engineering, Supply Chain & Logistics, Quality & Technical, Sales, Human Resources, Production Operations and more. We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro-Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
European Procurement Director
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Pension
HR Advisor (Multi Site)
Coventry, West Midlands
Up to £34000.00 per annum + benefits
£32000 - £34000 per annum + car, pension and other benefits
Lead Manufacturing Engineer - NPI
£45000 - £55000.00 per annum + GREAT PACKAGE